More Ashton rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
turf

Re: More Ashton rumours

Post by turf »

Firslty lets STAY on your post please!!!!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:

Secondly I am NOT, in love with Ashton!!!!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:

Shouldn't he have ben taken to a hospital and checked over ithere, because after all, in a hospital they can tell that he has nothing wrong.

No offence but checking someone at a scene of an RTA, i.e, Ashton's, is it not just guess work that if their eyes follow a light shone in them, and they are respnding that they must be ok?

There is nothing wrong with saying that he has had harder tackles playing rugby league. He is telling the truth, and there is nothing wrong with that.

I still cannot see the gripe you have got against him for that.

Mind you, I'll grant you something and that is that some of the solidarity of some of the hits that you see in SL are like being in a car wreck.

You feel some of the tackles and sitting in the stand sometimes, they are that fierce.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

turf posted:

Shouldn't he be checked over in a hospital where they can tell that he has nothing wrong. No offence but checking someone at a scene of an RTA, i.e, Ashton's, is it not just guess work that if their eyes follow a light shone in them, and they are respnding that they must be ok?
You contradict yourself in this part of the post, you start off by saying that he should be checked over in hospital and that it's just guess work if someone is shining a light in their eyes. When a Paramedic or Dr shines a light into a patients eyes, it isn't to check that they will follow it. It's to check the reactions of pupils. If they remain fixed or dilated then there is possibly a brain or concussive injury which isn't always obvious to the patient. The human body is quite good at dealing with trauma and some casualties can react as if nothing is wrong, when in fact there can be quite serious injuries that are not at first aparent to the untrained eye. Yet you still say that he was right to refuse hospital treatment.

Can you give me any good reason and relevance why mentioning to the Paramedic that he plays rugby league is going to make the Paramedic do his job any less thoroughly? Just because there isn't any initial pain doesn't mean that he isn't injured. It doesn't alway hurt when you have internal bleeding for example. Do you know how little amount of g-force it takes to rupture a spleen? Travelling at 30MPH minimum and then coming to a sudden and abrupt halt generates a surprisingly large amount of G-force.

The point I am TRYING to make you understand is that there was no nead at all for Ashton to mention anything about playing for Wigan. Most modest people wouldn't dream of mentioning something like this. For Example, can you imagine Radders saying the same thing? I can't. It just highlights how big an opinion he has got of himself. It doesn't mean he is tough just because he plays rugby league. I have seen cases of Paras, who are widely regarded as some of the toughest soldiers in the world, crying for their mum's when they have been wounded. Granted a bullet or shrapnel wound can't really be compared to a rugby league tackle (maybe a poor analogy on my part)

turf

Post by turf »

Sutty posted:

"Do you know how little amount of g-force it takes to rupture a spleen"?

That is why I said that he should have been taken to a hospital to be properly checked over.

I reckon (your the medical expert so you tell me, and that was ment as a compliment) that the hospital would do a more thorough job of examining Ashton if he was taken there.

How could or would the paramedic have been able to tell straight away if Ashton had either internal bleeding or the worse case scenario mentioned in your post (ruptured spleen)?

I cannot see how a paramedic could check for a ruptured spleen at a roadside. That is why I think that he should have been taken to hospital so that they could shove all sorts of tubes down his throat to check for that kind of thing.

I apologise if I misunderstood some of your posts Sutty.

I have got rather a lot on my mind at the minute.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

This is the point I have been trying to make. A ruptured spleen is probably the worst case scenario. I am by no means an expert, I just watch a lot of Discovery and National Geographic and I seem to remember usless stuff.

You replied to my original post saying that you thought Ashton was right to complain about being examined and taken to hospital, yet now you seem to be agreeing with me. My main point was, and still is, that he had no need to mention anything about being a rugby league player and I was trying to highlight that it makes him lok childish and big headed.

turf

Post by turf »

So with him not being taken to hospital then sutty I guess the paramedics would ahve just checked basics, i.e:

Heart, lungs, blood pressure?, eyes, memory, ribs, kidney's, abdomen etc.

Am I correct?
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

I don't know if he was taken to hospital or not. I was saying that the Paramedics wanted to take him to hospital but Ashton was acting the tough guy and complaining that there was nothing wrong with him. I am not a paramedic by the way.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

turf posted:
I agreee, if he genuinley (spelling?) has a change of heart and he regrets going, and has said in a newspaper today, "We'll see what happens at the end of the season" then keep him.

It may not be "Bye Bye Chris" JUST yet, or in fact, maybe even not at all!!!!!! :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10:
Chris WHO !!!!
turf

Post by turf »

Sutty, I think it was a bad decision on the part of CA NOT to go to hospital acting like a tough guy.

It's all right us saying this now because we THINK
there is nothing wrong with CA, but he COULD have had internal injuries on that RTA night and SHOULD have gone to hospital.

BAD decision Chris Ashton!!!!!!!!! :sly: :sly: :sly: :sly:
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

That's what I have been saying all along. :conf:

turf

Post by turf »

You must appreciate Sutty that I am not the fastest to cotton on, as I have a few things on at the minute.

My apologies for not cottoning on to your posts.

It's all right now to say that NOT being taken to hospital was a good move, but that is not to say that he had sore spots, or bruised ribs or whiplash or anything like that.

Just because he passed (numerous) medical exminations before our away game with Hull FC does not mean that he was 100% fit does it?

I apoligise in advance if I am wrong on this one. He can't have been 100% though, even though he did play (and score).