More Ashton rumours

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Re: More Ashton rumours

Post by DaveO »

Bear posted:
If i was Noble i wouldnt play him. As good as he is, if he is going we should get used to life without him.
IF you dont want to play for wigan, Get lost :lol:
Do you want to have a chance of winning the CC? If so you play your best team and like it or not Ashton's pace qualifies him as a member of that team.

Next year is next year and we can cross that bridge when we come to it. In the meantime I don't care where Ashtin is going so long as he is an asset to the team which he clearly is with his pace.

Dave
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Big Les is not getting slated for changing. Nor is Faz. A team comes up with a better offer as dave says make the money while yu can and in union more money and more chance of leaving with whole knees. The players that replace him in Wigan will come for more money, economics. I would hope talks are already started for his replacement. If that is so chances are he is too late, Northhampton may be glad to release him now they are down. He will have to eat humble pie and take the price on offer to stay. That said we need a full back. Maybe he could stay but it will depend on salery cap. Briscoe posibly. or any other player Noble might be talking to. If we can I say keep him. HC
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

Bear posted:
If i was Noble i wouldnt play him. As good as he is, if he is going we should get used to life without him.
IF you dont want to play for wigan, Get lost :lol:
That's just the same as saying Bradford should have dropped Vainikolo, or St George should have dropped Barrett, when it was announced they were leaving their clubs.

As DaveO says (and yes, that's twice today I've agreed with him!), you play your strongest team at the time, irrespective of what their long-term plans are.
turf

Post by turf »

I agreee, if he genuinley (spelling?) has a change of heart and he regrets going, and has said in a newspaper today, "We'll see what happens at the end of the season" then keep him.

It may not be "Bye Bye Chris" JUST yet, or in fact, maybe even not at all!!!!!! :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10:
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

highland convert posted:
Big Les is not getting slated for changing. Nor is Faz. A team comes up with a better offer as dave says make the money while yu can and in union more money and more chance of leaving with whole knees. The players that replace him in Wigan will come for more money, economics. I would hope talks are already started for his replacement. If that is so chances are he is too late, Northhampton may be glad to release him now they are down. He will have to eat humble pie and take the price on offer to stay. That said we need a full back. Maybe he could stay but it will depend on salery cap. Briscoe posibly. or any other player Noble might be talking to. If we can I say keep him. HC
big les not a future gb fullback and we had the best out of faz
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Only way that hed be allowed to leave his new club if the club paid a transfer fee and then have to put him on a big wage.

He decided to go his choice no point crying over it now Chris. Should have thought about it a wee bit more than just the money side of things.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

turf posted:
I agreee, if he genuinley (spelling?) has a change of heart and he regrets going, and has said in a newspaper today, "We'll see what happens at the end of the season" then keep him.

It may not be "Bye Bye Chris" JUST yet, or in fact, maybe even not at all!!!!!! :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10: :eusa10:
so if Chris stays, does that mean that you will stay loyal to him OR will you find another player to support :roll:
Banksy

Post by Banksy »

I want Ashton to say and continue playing for us he's only going to get better with time and experience and he would be a star players when he reaches his peak.
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Worth a visit just to remind ourselves, :lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 466409.stm

If you click northhampton you will find the beeb has already scrubbed it. Great club Great future :o :o
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

medlocke posted:
turf posted:

so if Chris stays, does that mean that you will stay loyal to him OR will you find another player to support :roll:
Naaah, he'll find a new obsession, just like he did when Dallas left.

Maybe we should start a poll - who's next on his list?