Big changes afoot

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
DaveO

Big changes afoot

Post by DaveO »

Watch out for press releases later today or early tomorrow about big changes for RL in general. Good news mostly.

Lets put it this way the FAQ thread is going to need updating.

Dave
sudokuwarrior

Re: Big changes afoot

Post by sudokuwarrior »

i hope one of the changes is to kick saints out of the professional game for cheating and resting players who are supposedly injured, but miraculously recover the next day.
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
Glynola

Post by Glynola »

I guess this mean Salary Cap tweaking then?

I personally hope it will be incentives for clubs to produce players for their own academy - either salary cap exemptions or similar.
Everything they do is so dramatic and flamboyant. It just makes me want to set myself on fire!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Glynola posted:
I guess this mean Salary Cap tweaking then?

I personally hope it will be incentives for clubs to produce players for their own academy - either salary cap exemptions or similar.
The information is embargoed until later today so I can't say what it is exactly. I am sure it will hit the press before I can post it myself on here so this is just a "heads up" to keep your eyes peeled for an announcment.

Dave
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

The bloody wait is killing me :lol:

Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

ste lord

Post by ste lord »

Could be that sean long is a cross dresser and they are kicking him out of the game

:lol: :lol:

Keep Wigan "Wigan"

Antwigan

READ THIS ---RFL anounce changes from next season

Post by Antwigan »

Salary cap to change. To be checked continually throughout the season. ie if a team wanted to sign a player during the season then the RFL van veto it on the basis of a potential salary cap breach.

Each superleague team MUST have at least 5 'home grown' players within their squad. This means, I presume, that 'home grown' means players that have come through that teams academy.

Also the Millenium Magic is definitely returning to Cardiff next year.
Campions of the rugby world.
DaveO

Re: READ THIS ---RFL anounce c...

Post by DaveO »

Antwigan posted:
Salary cap to change. To be checked continually throughout the season. ie if a team wanted to sign a player during the season then the RFL van veto it on the basis of a potential salary cap breach.

Each superleague team MUST have at least 5 'home grown' players within their squad. This means, I presume, that 'home grown' means players that have come through that teams academy.

Also the Millenium Magic is definitely returning to Cardiff next year.
See FAQ and general RL for details.

Dave
Cruncher

Re: READ THIS ---RFL anoun...

Post by Cruncher »

So we're not actually providing incentives for clubs to produce home-grown players (like salary cap exemptions), we're providing further punishments if they don't.

And for a brief time earlier today, I was quite excited.
DaveO

Re: READ THIS ---RFL anoun...

Post by DaveO »

Cruncher posted:
So we're not actually providing incentives for clubs to produce home-grown players (like salary cap exemptions), we're providing further punishments if they don't.

And for a brief time earlier today, I was quite excited.
The press releases doesn't say what punishment will be meted out if clubs fail to comply. No mention either of how they will force clubs to have only 5 overseas players.

To be honest I am not sure incentives would work anyway. Yes we would benefit from incentives to produce young players but clubs who don't know may conclude the incentives were not worth forgoing the ease of signing ready made Kolpack players.

At least this rule will force clubs who have been notoriously poor at producing any players to do so.

Dave