Full back

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
MarkWestStand

Full back

Post by MarkWestStand »

I know everyone would gladly have Briscoe back, surely there would be other full backs in contention.

I dont want to repeat other threads

Has anyone thought of Ritchie Mathers.. he is currently injured (ticks uncle Mo's criteria) over here and by recent press (I cant remember which) hasnt settled in NRL with Goldcoast ?

the big i

Re: Full back

Post by the big i »

I heard that hadn't settled and was desperate for a move back over here - dont knwo if that is true though :conf:
Cruncher

Post by Cruncher »

Mathers' name has been mentioned a few times, but personally I don't think he'd be any improvement on Briscoe, and when you consider that Briscoe is a Wiganer who WANTS to play for us, then that tips the scales.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

i cans ee a bit of radlinski when i look at briscoe. good tackler, similar pace, great support player. he'd deffinately add the support factor that ashton does. not the pace but not many can add that, not even your karmichael hunts or your anthony minichellos etc... id love briscoe back, i see that as a good signing to head us in the right direction.

mathers = no go. broke his leg didnt he? i don't want a team built up of present or past injury prone players. mathers is good but he offers no more than what briscoe would offer us. plus id have briscoe back anyday as he's a wigan lad.
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
the-Bowtun-Warrior

Post by the-Bowtun-Warrior »

MarkWestStand posted:
I dont want to repeat other threads
??? but you have :lol:
Owen Coyles Super White Army!!!

the-Bowtun-Warrior

- psycho - posted:
i cans ee a bit of radlinski when i look at briscoe. good tackler, similar pace, great support player. he'd deffinately add the support factor that ashton does. not the pace but not many can add that, not even your karmichael hunts or your anthony minichellos etc... id love briscoe back, i see that as a good signing to head us in the right direction.

mathers = no go. broke his leg didnt he? i don't want a team built up of present or past injury prone players. mathers is good but he offers no more than what briscoe would offer us. plus id have briscoe back anyday as he's a wigan lad.
Good tackler? not off the game the other week when Hock broke through and he carried off the most feeble tackle 've seen!

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
Good tackler? not off the game the other week when Hock broke through and he carried off the most feeble tackle 've seen!
are you forgetting willie manu tip toeing his way through 3 of our forwards and our own full back? :conf:

the-Bowtun-Warrior

- psycho - posted:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior posted:
are you forgetting willie manu tip toeing his way through 3 of our forwards and our own full back? :conf:
I'm not disputing that....but what has that got to do with discussing Briscoe's attributes? :eusa16:

- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

wel considering so many people are in favour of retaining ashton, i just thoguht id remind you that our own fullback's defense isn't great. so before you go at brsicoe for getting fended off by hock, and lets be honest, he can't be easy to bring down, i think yuo just need to remember, i said his defense was good, i didn't say it was perfect, but i don't think our fullback's defense is to great either. yet many want him to stay.

Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Last year Briscoe was a regular starter for Hull. Didn't they finish 2nd in the Superleague and how many tries did Briscoe score? 15. That's not too bad at all. I would be happy to see Briscoe come back and us sign maybe Matt King.