nobby going at end of season

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fujiman

Re: nobby going at end of ...

Post by Fujiman »

jaws1 posted:
Its coming up to renewal of season tickets time people i have been talking to say that no new big signings NO SEASON TICKET
Thats pathetic. Their loss then
Warrior4eva

Post by Warrior4eva »

I have just posted on another thread that I heard it was costing us £300k. Whether thats fee and wages but that is the figure I was told.

Also from another source - when the original Nobby leaving rumours came about (i.e Leeds needing a new coach), Nobby was seen leaving Headingley late in the evening. My source said to him 'Have you come for a new job then?' to which he replied he had been to watch the cricket.

Only problem was there hadn't been any cricket on for the past 2 days. This is what I was told and the source is reliable and works at Headingley. I know it's irrelavent now as he's still hear and McClennan's going ther but if the new owners are putting the squeeze on him then maybe he will acll it a day.

Imagine if we did get to final and won - How fitting would that be for him to say - 'Job done, now I'm off'
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

jaws1 posted:
If the above is the case then IMHO we are a club going nowhere and would be still better off with DW.It must have been the same for HKR and if is the case then they are the club going forwards especilly with all the signings they have made
Time will tell.
It will but if Lenagan is involved in us not going for Walker it can only be for one of four reasons:

1. Lenagan would not pay the fee. So as I said before what is the point of a wealthy owner who won't splash the cash?

2. He decided he didn't want to sign the player (not considered good enough by Lenagan himself for example) in which case he is interfering in best Mo tradition.

3. The wages Walker wanted were too high but if so how come HKR can afford them?

4. HKR outbid us either on wages or on the fee or both. Comments as 2 & 3 apply!

None of it inspires confidence in our new owners so its going to be interesting to see what comments thay make when they do formally take over as regards players for next year.

Dave
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Fujiman posted:
jaws1 posted:
Its coming up to renewal of season tickets time people i have been talking to say that no new big signings NO SEASON TICKET
Thats pathetic. Their loss then

NO they not pathetic they have watched Wigan for a long long time now and been season ticket holders for as long as i can remember.
They dont say that they are not going to watch Wigan they will pick and choose their matches but if we can put a decent side together.They have been let down the last 2 years withg the salary cap situation and they say enough is enough
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

DaveO posted:
jaws1 posted:
If the above is the case then IMHO we are a club going nowhere and would be still better off with DW.It must have been the same for HKR and if is the case then they are the club going forwards especilly with all the signings they have made
Time will tell.
It will but if Lenagan is involved in us not going for Walker it can only be for one of four reasons:

1. Lenagan would not pay the fee. So as I said before what is the point of a wealthy owner who won't splash the cash?

2. He decided he didn't want to sign the player (not considered good enough by Lenagan himself for example) in which case he is interfering in best Mo tradition.

3. The wages Walker wanted were too high but if so how come HKR can afford them?

4. HKR outbid us either on wages or on the fee or both. Comments as 2 & 3 apply!

None of it inspires confidence in our new owners so its going to be interesting to see what comments thay make when they do formally take over as regards players for next year.

Dave
It could also be because he hasn't actually bought the club yet. According to the press he has "agreed in principal" a figure for the club.

If this is the case, he would probably not want to spend however many thousands on a player, when, if it all goes pear shaped, he doesn't end up buying the club and loses a lot of money that he has just forked out on a player. Similarly, Whelan wouldn't want to spend any money on a player when he knows he is not going to get any return on his outlay.

I know contracts could be drawn up between DW and Leneghan about the signing of players during the period of transition from one owner to another. But this could be a long winded process and possibly caused us to miss the opportunity of signing a reasonable player.

NONE of us know the real reasons why we didn't sign Walker. Maybe it will come out in time, but I suspect it will all be forgotten about by Christmas.