NO, NO, NO! Sweet Lord NO!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
adrenalinxx

Re: NO, NO, NO! Sweet Lord...

Post by adrenalinxx »

Ward is no better than O'Carroll or Prescott and those to are still developing. I wouldn't mind another forward coming to Wigan if they were going to make a real impact but Ward does not fit that category.

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

adrenalinxx posted:
Ward is no better than O'Carroll or Prescott and those to are still developing. I wouldn't mind another forward coming to Wigan if they were going to make a real impact but Ward does not fit that category.
Pretty much my view. We need a third experienced prop but it has to be a good one like Logan was. Ward offers nothing over Prescott and O'Carroll IMO so it would be a waste of a 20/25 space and would not increase the quality of the side.

Dave
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:o A vicious rumour I hope

Feel sorry for Dyer their centre. Had a good season
Warrior4eva

Post by Warrior4eva »

I understand that Nobby is an admirer of ward and thinks he can do a job.

Ebrytime I hear a player is getting released that Wigan are interested. It's becoming a pain the ar*e.

I read today to cheer you all up that Harlequins are the one's showing the most interest. Our name is there to bump up his salary negotiations with them.
- psycho -

Post by - psycho - »

Warrior4eva posted:
I understand that Nobby is an admirer of ward and thinks he can do a job.

Ebrytime I hear a player is getting released that Wigan are interested. It's becoming a pain the ar*e.

I read today to cheer you all up that Harlequins are the one's showing the most interest. Our name is there to bump up his salary negotiations with them.
if that's the case then lenegan is doing us a good bit of business already by not getting him and offloaing him to his (im presuming) former quinns team :lol:
"what ever happens... we stick together... we stay together... we survive."

-------------------------------------
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

Earlier teletext on the BBC had Ward linked with us this is not he case now.
mario

Post by mario »

I don't see the problem with signing Ward, as long as it's on a sensible contract. He is more than capable. We could sign sign a world class prop instead, pay him the earth and be disapointed for 4 years.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

mario posted:
I don't see the problem with signing Ward, as long as it's on a sensible contract. He is more than capable. We could sign sign a world class prop instead, pay him the earth and be disapointed for 4 years.
Got a point. Ward was a good player it depends if his attitude is good.

Weve signed so called class players only to be disapointed. But we still need quality players.
bertina

Post by bertina »

mario posted:
If he is more than capable, then why would his own club that has just finished at the a**e end of super league not offer him a contract of any kind ?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

bertina posted:
mario posted:
If he is more than capable, then why would his own club that has just finished at the a**e end of super league not offer him a contract of any kind ?
Cap.

Weve had to let good players go as we got close to going over the cap a few years ago.