stand off for 09

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
joeb

stand off for 09

Post by joeb »

phelps to play six next season
joeb

Re: stand off for 09

Post by joeb »

well,we have no six,lenegan not looking for one and smith not comeing back,so with pryce now fit and amos due we have a shed full of backs,and phelps has played a lot of rugby at six,allthough it was early on
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

a guess i think...

why would we play him there when we have tommy, smith, tomkins...

strange call, can only see him playing full back myself...
joeb

Post by joeb »

no guess its something i was told, but as allways we will just have to wait and see
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shawcross da warrior wrote:a guess i think...

why would we play him there when we have tommy, smith, tomkins...
Joeb was speculating Smith was not going to return.

Dave
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

why does everyboy have such a problem with tim smith being number 6. just because he hasnt got the same ratings as a more experienced player doesnt mean he's not worthy of a place. alot has changed at wigan and where not at a stage anymore where we have the best players, those years are long gone(for now anyway). Any way lets all stop starting Rumours about a replacement (i know this is a rumour mill but everyday on this board theres someone getting rid of Smith and getting somebody else in) until the club say were keeping Smith. He doesnt need people getting rid of him before he gets his proper chance. im not having a pop at just this post but all that link Smith to leaving Wigan because its becoming stupid.
i know alot of us would like someone like Lockyer, me included but Smith deserves his chance.

Anyway thats my rant for the day :D
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

THE 18th Man wrote:why does everyboy have such a problem with tim smith being number 6.
I don't think anybody does other than he has some known issues that mean he is a bit of a risky signing (stating the obvious) but Joeb was just speculating he would not come back next season which isn't the same thing as having a problem with him as at number six.
just because he hasnt got the same ratings as a more experienced player doesnt mean he's not worthy of a place. alot has changed at wigan and where not at a stage anymore where we have the best players, those years are long gone(for now anyway). Any way lets all stop starting Rumours about a replacement (i know this is a rumour mill but everyday on this board theres someone getting rid of Smith and getting somebody else in) until the club say were keeping Smith. He doesnt need people getting rid of him before he gets his proper chance. im not having a pop at just this post but all that link Smith to leaving Wigan because its becoming stupid.
i know alot of us would like someone like Lockyer, me included but Smith deserves his chance.
Don't think this is anything to do with wanting Lockyer but just a bit of concern Smith may not come back and I think I am right in saying Joeb posted this rumour because he was told it by someone he considers in the know.

I have always thought Smith would play for us in 2009 then go back to the NRL in 2010 having rehabilitated his career with us. That is just my opinion but it doesn't mean I don't rate him and I am looking forward to seeing him play so I hope Joeb's source is wrong.

Dave
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

DaveO wrote:
THE 18th Man wrote:why does everyboy have such a problem with tim smith being number 6.
I don't think anybody does other than he has some known issues that mean he is a bit of a risky signing (stating the obvious) but Joeb was just speculating he would not come back next season which isn't the same thing as having a problem with him as at number six.
just because he hasnt got the same ratings as a more experienced player doesnt mean he's not worthy of a place. alot has changed at wigan and where not at a stage anymore where we have the best players, those years are long gone(for now anyway). Any way lets all stop starting Rumours about a replacement (i know this is a rumour mill but everyday on this board theres someone getting rid of Smith and getting somebody else in) until the club say were keeping Smith. He doesnt need people getting rid of him before he gets his proper chance. im not having a pop at just this post but all that link Smith to leaving Wigan because its becoming stupid.
Don't think this is anything to do with wanting Lockyer but just a bit of concern Smith may not come back and I think I am right in saying Joeb posted this rumour because he was told it by someone he considers in the know.

I have always thought Smith would play for us in 2009 then go back to the NRL in 2010 having rehabilitated his career with us. That is just my opinion but it doesn't mean I don't rate him and I am looking forward to seeing him play so I hope Joeb's source is wrong.

Dave
I hope Joeb is wrong too, I want Smith back I think he is a great player with good ball handling skills (oops makes him sound like leon pryce sorry didn't mean it that way ) :lol: and am looking forward to seeing him play for us next season. :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

If Phelps plays at #6 next year Wigan will get the wooden spoon, in fact if he is anywhere near the starting lineup they will struggle.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

Phelps should be our next fullback imo.