Re: Homesick Smith keen to head home

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Tim Smith reported to be homesick and looking for a return to Aus.

Looks like Lulu and A.N.Other will be our half backs next season. Take your pick from Phelps, Flanagan, Coyle or maybe even Tomkins.

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
standishwarrior

Post by standishwarrior »

Mike wrote:Tim Smith reported to be homesick and looking for a return to Aus.

Looks like Lulu and A.N.Other will be our half backs next season. Take your pick from Phelps, Flanagan, Coyle or maybe even Tomkins.
or even darren lockyer :wink:
TRICKY DICKY

Post by TRICKY DICKY »

Is this why we have had no announcement on signings?
ALL GOOD THINGS ARE WORTH WAITING FOR

WIGAN R.L.F.C. - A WAY OF LIFE
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

As A Herald article I would take it with a pinch of salt. Smith has always stated his intention to return to NRL 2010. This article could be a copy from WEP. Filling inches from ww forums, :) Jim
Brad5926

Post by Brad5926 »

Can see smith returning in the near future to NRL maybe like Highland said in 2010, i can say that this season we will not be recruiting a stand off this year , apparntly i heard on the grapevine that there is around £65,000 left within the salary cap for us to use , and alot of it will be spent mainly on a prop forward
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

highland convert wrote:As A Herald article I would take it with a pinch of salt. Smith has always stated his intention to return to NRL 2010. This article could be a copy from WEP. Filling inches from ww forums, :) Jim
Trust me there is substance to this story so dont be suprised to see another Aussie stand off for the new season and I dont mean Phelps, as soon as Smith makes up his mind it will be sorted.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Greg Bird ?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

cpwigan wrote:Greg Bird ?
He's rumoured to be in the sights of Warrington, Adrian Morley made a comment about looking forward to him coming if the rumour is true. Why can't we just play Sam Tomkins???
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

we cant play sam tompkins every week at the current pace of super league, he needs to be brought in slowly and right time to start so he can evolve to a better player
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I dont think it will be a big blow if and when he does go home.He was a very promising young player but has not fullfilled his potential for various reasons.He has not been very impressive with us although i realise he has not got too many games under his belt.