Terry Newton

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shawcross da warrior

Re: Terry Newton

Post by shawcross da warrior »

why would newton, a player who has played hooker for the the whole of his proffesional career and has been succesful at it, want to switch to prop... :conf:

non starter....
pedro

Post by pedro »

He was a prop when Leeds signed him. And they moved him to second rower.Hes not big enough for a prop but Piggy is :)
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:why on earth are people even entertaining this thread?.....

dear me!
:lol:
What happens in over twelve months time - especially in sport, is like asking for the moon on a stick!
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

wall_of_voodoo wrote:
the-Bowtun-Warr ior wrote:why on earth are people even entertaining this thread?.....

dear me!
:lol:
What happens in over twelve months time - especially in sport, is like asking for the moon on a stick!
Let me know how many you want. :lol:

Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

How many 31 year olds has IL signed? Answer none. He is building a young squad. Most players are way past their best by the time they reach 30.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I have always been a Newton fan and was devastated when he left,however there is no chance he will return and neither should he now as he is past his best.
Kat

Post by Kat »

MrDave wrote:If true he will be 31 when he signs for Wigan, surely he is past his best now.
My thoughts exactly!
viva_seddo13

Post by viva_seddo13 »

Kat wrote:
MrDave wrote:If true he will be 31 when he signs for Wigan, surely he is past his best now.
My thoughts exactly!
Agreed wud rather see macca come through. Not a chance newton is coming back.
danwrlfc

Post by danwrlfc »

I doubt very much that he is coming back to wigan.

However there have not been many better hookers in super league than Newton. The only one that comes to mind is Robbie McCormack.

Since Newton left, how many times has a player broken through an oppositions defence only to find there is nobody supporting them? That never happened when newton was here. How many times have we been campped on the oppositions try line needing a killer pass to score a try, and Higham or any other player on the pitch has been unable to come up with one. Again that never happened when Newton was here.

He might have had problems controlling his temper, but he is a great rugby league player, that plays with his heart on his sleeve. How many players would try and make a tackle in a grand final with a broken arm?
stjudes02

Post by stjudes02 »

i know terry and i can assure you he wont come back to wigan