Michael Dobson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
GeoffN

Re: Michael Dobson

Post by GeoffN »

OAM wrote:Geoff

He would not need to be back up if we got rid of Riddle , brought young Myler in and the he could start at hooker and interchange with youmg Mac
Yeah, but we've got Riddell for 2.5 more years yet. Can't see anyone wanting to take him off our hands.
Reevezie 2.0.0.8

Post by Reevezie 2.0.0.8 »

Morph wrote:Does anyone have any information as to whether we are interested in signing Myler? and if so is it likely.
http://www.wigantoday.net/warriors/Warr ... 5193749.jp

There you are :)
Wigan's Favourite Salon Follows The Wigan Warriors http:// http://www.cuttingcrewwigan.co.uk
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Morph wrote:Does anyone have any information as to whether we are interested in signing Myler? and if so is it likely.
If we are not interested in signing Myler then something is wrong. If he had played for us last night then we would have won the game. Let's hope the Saints don't sign him!!!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I spoke to Mick Hogan re Myler immediately after the match with Salford. He would be an ideal partner for Sam T being right sided. I would guess he will cost big time whilst under contract. I guess we missed the boat when Widnes went belly up.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Did Mick give any hint of us looking at signing Myler or not?

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:I spoke to Mick Hogan re Myler immediately after the match with Salford. He would be an ideal partner for Sam T being right sided. I would guess he will cost big time whilst under contract. I guess we missed the boat when Widnes went belly up.
Myler played a good game for England whilst still at Widnes, and if I remember correctly, he scored a decent try too.
Why Wigan never saw this and made a link when Widnes went rat is shocking.
If Myler breaks the line, he more than often scores.
Yards faster than Tommy.
Riddel reurn to Oz, MM & TL @ 9.
Myler @ 7 with ST @ 6.
Bring it on Mr Lenehan, Please.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Sutty wrote:Did Mick give any hint of us looking at signing Myler or not?
Not really Sutty. To be fair Mick Hogan is very careful re what he discloses etc.

Personally I think he is the ideal British partner for Sam T. I know we talk about 7 and 6 but these days a left and right halfback seems to be the key. That is why Sam played so well in that one game with Trent albeit v Whitehaven. Myler is a rightie and Sam is a leftie. Since we went to 3 halfback in the 17 and Sam got some time on the left he has started scoring tries.

Our team now is very left sided and that is partly why the right sided backs have not scored many tries. Mind you Hull Kr have the same issue but are still winning.

Great half backs are like gold dust.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

more like rocking horse **** you mean
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Panchitta Marra

cpwigan wrote:
Sutty wrote:Did Mick give any hint of us looking at signing Myler or not?
Not really Sutty. To be fair Mick Hogan is very careful re what he discloses etc.

Personally I think he is the ideal British partner for Sam T. I know we talk about 7 and 6 but these days a left and right halfback seems to be the key. That is why Sam played so well in that one game with Trent albeit v Whitehaven. Myler is a rightie and Sam is a leftie. Since we went to 3 halfback in the 17 and Sam got some time on the left he has started scoring tries.

Our team now is very left sided and that is partly why the right sided backs have not scored many tries. Mind you Hull Kr have the same issue but are still winning.

Great half backs are like gold dust.
Myler has one natural attribute to his game that is vital in any sport (bar snooker), natural speed.
Once he breaks the game line, he is seldomly caught.
Panchitta Marra

Morph wrote:
BUT, I wouldn't be at all surprised if he replaces Long at the end of this season.
I can see this happening too
Do you not think that Karl Eastmond will not be tha natural replacement for Long ?.