Michael Dobson

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Michael Dobson

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Dobson is apperently out of contract at HKR this year. I am told by one of my contacts in Hull that we are sniffing around. Anyone else heard this rumour?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
eccywarrior

Re: Michael Dobson

Post by eccywarrior »

as much as id like to have him at wigan again i doubt it will happen.
IN WANE WE TRUST
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

I really hope so. A good all round player and another option as a kicker.
ian b

Post by ian b »

Excellent player but still rather bring young wigan talent through than sign another aussie
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

I don't think we need another half back, even if Tim does leave.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

GeoffN wrote:I don't think we need another half back, even if Tim does leave.
Me either. I think he is rather overrated as well. Decent player but not as outstanding as some may think. He just fitted into our side a lot better than Moran did who before he came here was scoring tries for fun but was the wrong sort of half back to go for and then some.

Lets not forget we have Riddell and TL both contracted for next season so if Dobson came the assumption would be a Dobson/Tomkins half back partnership and a Riddell/TL hooking one. Otherwise one of them would have to lose out.

I just can't see a Riddell/TL partnership as that would be two senior players at hooker with McIllorum losing out and MM for my money is better than either at 9 especially long term. It would also mean TL who plays 80 mins would suddenly find himself spending half the game on the bench which I doubt he would want.

Dave
fred_flintstone

Post by fred_flintstone »

I might just be unlucky but in the games I've seen Dobson play this season he's been average.

So, basically now I've said that he'll have a stormer on friday :angry:
cherrywarrior

Post by cherrywarrior »

fred_flintstone wrote:I might just be unlucky but in the games I've seen Dobson play this season he's been average.

So, basically now I've said that he'll have a stormer on friday :angry:
Dam you fool!!!
Wish list: Billy Slater please!!!!!!!!
NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Dobso would be a great signing and 2 weeks ago i'd have wanted us to be all over him but i'm not sure anymore.

If Smith leaves we have Tomkins and Leuluai left to play halfback. Like i say 2 weeks ago i probably would have wanted to sign another halfback if Smith left but with McIlorums preformences i can't help but feel we have to have him in the side. That then means you either play him alongside Riddell or instead of meaning we would then need a halfback(allowing Tommy to move to 9).

To me the only way a halfback will be coming in is if one of Riddell or McILorum was to leave or more drastically move into the backrow to replace Bailey(a move i've said i'd like to see McIlorum make for a while however small he may be).

There are some interesting squad issues for Lenagan/Noble to sort out for 2010 if they're to get a well balanced squad.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

There are some interesting squad issues for Lenagan/Noble to sort out for 2010 if they're to get a well balanced squad.[/quote]

Our recruitment is essential. Smith's departure will leave us with two half backs - Tomkins and Lulu. Sam is our only natural playmaker and Tommy is a developing hooker. Kicking, distribution, organisation etc. will therefore fall on the shoulders of Sam, a big ask in only your second season playing at the top level. We need someone with experience and guile to shoulder this burden as well as helping Sam to fullfil his potential.

As for the No9 role, the answer is quite simple, best man for the job. At present that is McIlorium by a country mile.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards