Lauaki

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
weststand-rich

Re: Luauki & Thomas ??

Post by weststand-rich »

...... Anyway back to Luake.

He's still sh8te. I watched him play in the Leeds - Hull play yesterday and even for him he had a comparatively bad game.

3 penalties. 1 knock-on. No impact going forward.

If we sign him, I seriously worry for next year. :eh:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

Which Luauki were you watching. He kept Leeds honest. 3 penalties. Giving the ease with which penalties were given coupled to his effort in attack and defence he would make a good signing. Jim
Kittwazzer

Re: Lauaki

Post by Kittwazzer »

This mornings paper mentions Hull's end of season clearout. Mentions Lauaki 'rumoured to be Wigan bound' but other than that, just says he and Phelps haven't been offered new contracts.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I completely agree Jim, coached properly he could be a bargain and he has what we currently dont in the 2nd row (Hock Banned), sheer size!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

29wes28 wrote:I completely agree Jim, coached properly he could be a bargain and he has what we currently dont in the 2nd row (Hock Banned), sheer size!
I have no doubt Feka and Pryce were properly coached. Do we want them back because of their sheer size? I am sure they would come cheap.

Also, what has Hock's ban got to do with it? By Sunday he will have already worked 3 of the 5 matches off.

Wes

Post by Wes »

DaveO wrote:
29wes28 wrote:I completely agree Jim, coached properly he could be a bargain and he has what we currently dont in the 2nd row (Hock Banned), sheer size!
I have no doubt Feka and Pryce were properly coached. Do we want them back because of their sheer size? I am sure they would come cheap.

Also, what has Hock's ban got to do with it? By Sunday he will have already worked 3 of the 5 matches off.
Hock has the sheer size but we are lacking it now because of his ban, IMO Luaki is a hell of a way in front of Feka, was Feka properly coached yes for 1 season and why didnt we keep him after that season because the coach thought he wernt good enough, why is Pryce on loan hmm because the coach must think hes not good enough! If the coach wants Luaki he must think he is good enough!

I have never agreed with Pryce but incidentally do either of the 2 you mentioned play 2nd row :wink:

I wish you would read carefully before replying for the sake of it, Farrell and Tuson are small 2nd rows Hoff is leaving H is ok but has maxxed his frame IMO so he will get no bigger Hock is big and so is Joel but as it stands hes a centre so IMO we could use another big 2nd row in our ranks next year! I think Luaki fits that bill if you dont thats fine we could look for someone else but we need an addition. Or buy a quality centre and move Joel back to 2nd row????
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

highland convert wrote:Which Luauki were you watching. He kept Leeds honest. 3 penalties. Giving the ease with which penalties were given coupled to his effort in attack and defence he would make a good signing. Jim
Sorry Jim, we'll have to agree to disagree.

He's not a spring chicken and at 27 I fear he's set in his ways. This, coupled with his bad attitude means if we do acquire him, I think we've acquired a liability.

Have a look on the Hull board. Their fans aren't exactly pining for his loss. :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Observer says he will sign or be announced as signed at the end of the season.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

weststand-rich wrote:
highland convert wrote:Which Luauki were you watching. He kept Leeds honest. 3 penalties. Giving the ease with which penalties were given coupled to his effort in attack and defence he would make a good signing. Jim
Sorry Jim, we'll have to agree to disagree.

He's not a spring chicken and at 27 I fear he's set in his ways. This, coupled with his bad attitude means if we do acquire him, I think we've acquired a liability.

Have a look on the Hull board. Their fans aren't exactly pining for his loss. :lol:
I wouldnt say that I am stuck on him Rich, but 27 is supposedly a prime age to be playing sport.
Luaki's attitude at Hull has been poor as you say, and too many soft penalties given away.
The possitive I like about him is that he doesnt seem to back off when players kick off against him, like the stand off with Weller Hauraki who is no soft touch.
If his indiscipline could be controlled with a better level of fitness then maybe he could do a job for Wigan.
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

It is a signing I am actually a little excited by............
the Lauaki in the NRL before he came to Hull was awesome.
Get him fit and we could have a very shrewd signing. How many players have under achieved at Hull in the past couple of years? Nearly all of them.
My mates in oz and NZ have said we could have a freak on our hands if he can re create his NRL form
Wigan til i die!!