Joel to Union

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Joel to Union

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If Joel has gone then I hope Mr L has made Sarries pay substantial compo to us.[/quote]

Compensation is irrelevant as we can still only spend up to the salary cap and replacing Joel, especially at this time of year, will be almost impossible in the short-term.

From a business prospective then big bucks from RU is excellent. I would sooner have a top team and a balance sheet that breaks even rather than a mediocre outfit with a large bank balance.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

100% Warrior wrote:It's time for the RFL to sort their act out or ship out, they're going to drive fans away from the game if they continue to allow it to be used as a feeder for union to sign our young talent.

Salary cap needs to change, any player brought through the clubs academy system who remains at the same club in 1st grade shouldn't count on the cap at all.

Start rewarding clubs who promote their own and rewarding young talent.
It's not just the RFL, Club Chairmen are fully behind the current salary cap rules!
shaunedwardsfanclub

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: If Joel has gone then I hope Mr L has made Sarries pay substantial compo to us.
Compensation is irrelevant as we can still only spend up to the salary cap and replacing Joel, especially at this time of year, will be almost impossible in the short-term.

From a business prospective then big bucks from RU is excellent. I would sooner have a top team and a balance sheet that breaks even rather than a mediocre outfit with a large bank balance.
Not really what the fans want to hear though is it, Remember Alan Sugar saying this when he moved into Tottenham, didnt exactly go down well with the fans, who just want to hear about what we are going to do next season and which players we will sign, if we lose Joel or Sam for that matter who will we get into replace them and will we be in a position to challenge for silverware, the fans are just as hungry for silverware and that beast now needs to be kept fed [/quote]

The answer is NO!!
enterprisecranes

Post by enterprisecranes »

[quote="cherry.pie"]I know what you mean, to sign a long term deal would suggest commitment but I think if people were in the situation where they could take a risk on a lucrative deal and potentially live a more comfortable life whilst being successful at what they do I think most would take that chance.
I love this sport, but I don't think it's as attractive career-wise as what it could and should be. It's the small pond unfortunately and always will be if there isn't change.[

IMO its a big risk.The two sports are like chalk and cheese.
Does Joel really know enough about the game?Yawnion
Apart from money .Whats he gaining? apart from an uncertain future.
What happens if he loathes the game.?
Hes lost team mates hes grew up with.
ITS A MASSIVE GAMBLE.I think hed be mad to do it right now.
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

the fact is that joel has won 2 of the 3 trophys possible in this sport where in union there is a lots of trophys and international recognition.
if joel does go id prefer him go nrl as at least we will still see him when he plays for england playing league. in nrl players go union for 12 months- 2 years even if there succesful to make there money then come back but sl players dont come back unless they dont make it. sonny bill william looks like he will come back to nrl as there salary cap is going up to 6 millian dollars.
IN WANE WE TRUST
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

plus may i add it doesnt help are so called legend andy farrell being coach of saracens. sick of are ex players trying to take are best players.
IN WANE WE TRUST
neilbass

Post by neilbass »

What surprises me is that it was widely reported when he signed the 5 year deal that he'd turned down big offers from more than one NRL club.

A move to the NRL I would understand more than just jumping ship to RU, but maybe he looks at Ashton and the fame is attractive to him?

Either way, a great loss. I was looking forward to Wane putting him back in the 2nd row next year :angry:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think Joel is more suited to yawnion than sam!, he could play inside or outside centre easily!.

Dont forget CP you say he's out, joels major fault in league at centre is his defense, but there are 2 more players in yawnion and the players he would be up against arent as fast or powerful.

Yawnion is so much slower than league, i think he's perfect build for a centre in yawnion the only thing he would struggle with as i can see is kicking.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Woodentop07

Post by Woodentop07 »

As an ex union player, I have said for a few years that Joel has the potential to be a great union centre.
A mate has spoken to his friend at st pats - he reckons it would cost nearly a million pounds to buy out joels current contract! Though money is no object to Saracens!
Wigan til i die!!
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

This will not happen in the near future, remember where you heard it.