Daniel Mortimer

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
cpwigan

Daniel Mortimer

Post by cpwigan »

On Wigan's radar
Kittwazzer

Re: Daniel Mortimer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Isn't he under contract at the Roosters? Why would he want to leave NRL?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Why don't you fill other posters in on the guy instead of just leaving a name?

It's not like you to just post a one liner :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

josie andrews wrote:Why don't you fill other posters in on the guy instead of just leaving a name?

It's not like you to just post a one liner :wink:
Ain't that the truth. Understatement of the year! :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:hehe:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Keep this up and you'll be posting on Twitter soon! :D
bertina

Post by bertina »

Failed to make first team at the Eels much in the 2011 season. released at the end of the season, then signed for the roosters. 23 years old.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Just a thought but I wonder if we'd be interested in Scott prince for a year or two? yes, wrong side of 30 but still quality and obviously not going to get rep honors anymore so could well be worth bring over to lead the team around and bring hampshire/williams/mellor/powell on.

markill

Post by markill »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:
AdamMac wrote:Just a thought but I wonder if we'd be interested in Scott prince for a year or two? yes, wrong side of 30 but still quality and obviously not going to get rep honors anymore so could well be worth bring over to lead the team around and bring hampshire/williams/mellor/powell on.

Not a bad shout if he can stay fit, the guy has only played something like 260 games in 13 years so unless the injuries are taking the toll, he should have some good rugby left in him, sadly i think he is contracted until 2014 so i reckon Titans would command big money especially with there complex financial issues which may put clubs off, and at 32 it maybe a wee bit too much
I would guess thats the kind of player we would be going to NRL looking for, rather than a young relatively unproven player like Mortimer. It depends on Titan's recruitment policy whether they would let him go and have a replacement player come in, might not involve a fee, but could be chunky wages for a short term role at the club - money that might better be used giving our young players contracts that make them want to stay at Wigan.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I've just been watching Mortimer, and he showed exactly why he hasn't played much for the Sharks.