Training ground?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
eccywarrior

Re: Training ground?

Post by eccywarrior »

Problem i find is we are leaving a stadium we own to a stadium we are going be renting. With reported 7 or 8 million for sale of orrell would surely possibly buy robin park?
IN WANE WE TRUST
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:Few games being scheduled to play at robin park is making this rumour stronger.
Who owns robin park arena?
Wigan Council I think!
I thought it'd be the council surely they wouldn't let such an asset go for the money raised by the sale of Orrell
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

eccywarrior wrote:Problem i find is we are leaving a stadium we own to a stadium we are going be renting. With reported 7 or 8 million for sale of orrell would surely possibly buy robin park?
Think those are the future plans.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
eccywarrior wrote:Problem i find is we are leaving a stadium we own to a stadium we are going be renting. With reported 7 or 8 million for sale of orrell would surely possibly buy robin park?
Think those are the future plans.
Will council sell it to us though? Its a shame we are selling orrell as its a great stadium and training facilities. I know there was talk of going in with cuthberts and developing them pitches a few year back when we bought old pem school.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

does anyone know what restrictions are on Robin Park since of course it was a replacement for the original facility were the shops are now, this was grant aided and sports council so maybe WMBC would not be able to sell but only lease ?
joeb

Post by joeb »

Believe training ground sold and robin park arena bought by warriors