Hoffman

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Hoffman

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Surplus to requirements in New Zealand, he is considering a return to Super League. Could he be a possible replacement for Lockers?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Panchitta Marra

Re: Hoffman

Post by Panchitta Marra »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Surplus to requirements in New Zealand, he is considering a return to Super League. Could he be a possible replacement for Lockers?
Would love to see it SEFC.
Great heart and surely would strongly reconsider us.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

How old is he,?
markill

Post by markill »

He's 33. He could do a job but someone would have to go for him to come and personally I'd much rather have Farrell and Bateman tied down than any external signing we could make. Only alternative is if Lockers is retiring I suppose.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

So by the time,if the club did go for him he'd be 34?

As much as i think he is a class player surely his age would count against him?
Peet_1987

Post by Peet_1987 »

would be a good old head to have round the club and could easily push out Joel or someof the fringe props. we could use John in the centers if we are short and seel the gap up with Hoffman.

saying that I think Isa deserves a spot in the back row so Hoff may not get a look in but like I said would be good influence on the younger lads if the price is right
markill

Post by markill »

Peet_1987 wrote:would be a good old head to have round the club and could easily push out Joel or someof the fringe props. we could use John in the centers if we are short and seel the gap up with Hoffman.

saying that I think Isa deserves a spot in the back row so Hoff may not get a look in but like I said would be good influence on the younger lads if the price is right
I take your point, but don't we have Faz, now a mature and established back rower who I feel is very much in Hoffman's mould, who should already be able to be that same type of influence on the younger players?

My suspicion in any case is the price wouldn't be right unless one of the big earners went - Lockers, or maybe as you've suggested Joel T. Even then, money may need to be spent elsewhere to retain rising players (Williams, Bateman, Manfredi etc.) or improve areas of greater need.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Peet_1987

Post by Peet_1987 »

I agree and yea I forget how old faz actually is not even physically the amount of years he has been round the first team and wigan does make him a very good role model.

like we both said if the price was right but I wouldn't want to see us lose any of the talent we have.

probs just my heart ruling my mind Hoffman was great for us but he isn't the same player anymore such a shame but that is the nature of the beast.
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

apparantly hoffman signed for next yr tautai goin nrl
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

stevo38 wrote:apparantly hoffman signed for next yr tautai goin nrl
No way! ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan