Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ian b

Re: Williams

Post by ian b »

thegimble wrote:
ian b wrote:apparently it was Parramatta who wanted to sign him but an extended contract is 'very close'
Really hope your right even if its a Sam style contract so we get more in 2 years if he wishes to go. If we can get him to stay then the chances of him staying long term is good since he will be next marquee after Sam T.
Have you ever thought he might actually want to stay and he's happy to play for the club. Just a thought
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ian b wrote:
thegimble wrote:
ian b wrote:apparently it was Parramatta who wanted to sign him but an extended contract is 'very close'
Really hope your right even if its a Sam style contract so we get more in 2 years if he wishes to go. If we can get him to stay then the chances of him staying long term is good since he will be next marquee after Sam T.
Have you ever thought he might actually want to stay and he's happy to play for the club. Just a thought
Yes most players are but its a very very short career and he needs to get some sort of security behind him. And he deserves it as well so we need to pay him his worth.

Williams himself has talked about going to the NRL so the ball is in our court to stop him going.
markill

Post by markill »

I have wondered previously if we're waiting for all the SL clubs to sign up on 2nd marquee player and then we'll be able to pay him what it takes to keep him long term
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
ian b

Post by ian b »

williams is a done deal apparentley
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian b wrote:williams is a done deal apparentley
With who?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian b

Post by ian b »

josie andrews wrote:
With who?
Wigan of course !!!! got told he has signed a longer deal. Don't shoot me if it's not right
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Now we just have to wait for some bad stuff before this news is revealed? :D
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian b wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
With who?
Wigan of course !!!! got told he has signed a longer deal. Don't shoot me if it's not right
I know he has been in talks as well as Escare.

Hope we keep both players, take the "Marquee" money off Sam & either give it all to George or share it out with the young first team players :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ian b

Post by ian b »

josie andrews wrote:
ian b wrote:
josie andrews wrote: With who?
I know he has been in talks as well as Escare.

Hope we keep both players, take the "Marquee" money off Sam & either give it all to George or share it out with the young first team players :)
and don't laugh but it was in two national papers that he is sorting a long term deal
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

josie andrews wrote:
With who?
Says who?