Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Williams

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

It's not a done deal!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ian b wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
ian b wrote: Wigan of course !!!! got told he has signed a longer deal. Don't shoot me if it's not right
I know he has been in talks as well as Escare.

Hope we keep both players, take the "Marquee" money off Sam & either give it all to George or share it out with the young first team players :)
and don't laugh but it was in two national papers that he is sorting a long term deal
I don't read papers!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:
ian b wrote:
josie andrews wrote: With who?
Wigan of course !!!! got told he has signed a longer deal. Don't shoot me if it's not right

Hope we keep both players, take the "Marquee" money off Sam & either give it all to George or share it out with the young first team players :)
Why Josie?
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Where is ddtftf when you need him?. He can generally put these rumours to bed once and for all.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
ian b wrote: Wigan of course !!!! got told he has signed a longer deal. Don't shoot me if it's not right

Why Josie?
Because as much as I like Sam, he hasn't been worth the money he is being paid sadly! Half a dozen games or so in two years does not warrant marquee status IMO
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

josie andrews wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I know he has been in talks as well as Escare.

Why Josie?
Because as much as I like Sam, he hasn't been worth the money he is being paid sadly! Half a dozen games or so in two years does not warrant marquee status IMO
He hasn't Josie but that is the luck of the draw. I am willing to give him the opportunity to show his worth, hopefully this time we only select him when he is fully fit.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

There's little doubt the issue with Sam and his marquee status is a polarising one and the issue really is putting a certain player on a substantial wage will always be open for scorn.

Is Sam worth it? no not on last season and we're expected as fans to wait while he builds up match fitness etc in a mirror image of last season,given the injury build up he simply isnt going to be given much time once he gets the all clear,i wonder if fans will be as patient as last season?

Time will tell.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

With Morgan playing so well I would hope that Sam is given time to do a mini pre-season before being rushed back into the side. Irrespective of the money he's getting, if we have time to prepare him properly we should use it. It will help Sam and keep Morgan happy whilst allowing him to develop further. A fully fit Sam will strengthen our team. A half-baked Sam won't.

Getting back to the original post, if we do secure George for a few more years before he goes to play in Australia I'll be ecstatic and the supporters of our rivals will be very disappointed. He's a star now but I think he will become even better.
shaunedwardsfanclub

A must signing, George has MoS stamped all over him.
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

He's a knocking bet for Aus. if they offer the right amount of cash.