Williams

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Kittwazzer

Re: Williams

Post by Kittwazzer »

Are we not allowed to pay George whatever we want to on the basis that only £100k counts on the cap?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cow yeds wrote:He's a knocking bet for Aus. if they offer the right amount of cash.
I would imagine that a average contract in NRL is much more money than even a good contract in SL.
Easy to persuade our players to leave if money is that players main objective.
Think it's been rumoured that the NRL salary cap is to also increase, making it even easier to attract top SL players.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Kittwazzer wrote:Are we not allowed to pay George whatever we want to on the basis that only £100k counts on the cap?
Still waiting for an answer on this. Aren't 'homegrown' player limited to £100k on the cap?
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:Are we not allowed to pay George whatever we want to on the basis that only £100k counts on the cap?
Still waiting for an answer on this. Aren't 'homegrown' player limited to £100k on the cap?
No only the marquee if he is academy trained its £150k if he is not.
markill

Post by markill »

thegimble wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
Clubs get up to £100k cap dispensation for players they produce, I think it's £5k per club trained player who plays 10 games in super league, NRL or for a championship club that reached the qualifiers, up to the £100k max. It's an extra spend allowed over the normal cap though as opposed to a deduction in salaries that apply to the cap.

Then it's £100k max salary cap hit for club trained marquee player or £175k for non club trained marquee player, whatever their contracted salary is.

I reckon clubs will vote to extend the marquee player allowance to more than one player in the next meeting, which I think it's this week. It's also rumoured that returning NRL players may see salary exemptions for a period and an extension of the value of club trained player may be voted for.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

thegimble wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote:
So if George isn't categorised as Marquee, max £150k counts on the cap?
That's fair enough. Pay whatever it takes to keep him here!
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Kittwazzer wrote:
thegimble wrote:
Kittwazzer wrote: Still waiting for an answer on this. Aren't 'homegrown' player limited to £100k on the cap?
So if George isn't categorised as Marquee, max £150k counts on the cap?
That's fair enough. Pay whatever it takes to keep him here!
Kitt, I think what the gimble is saying is that the Marquee player counts as £100k on the cap if he is academy trained, if the Marquee player is not academy trained then £150k would count on the cap. Given that Sam is the marquee player the whole of George's salary would count.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

It would be £175k if not academy trained.

In theory we could offer George more money than Sam is on and move the marquee designation to George, as long as Sam's salary plus £100k that George would count on the cap doesn't take us over the cap limit

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

If we are allowed two marquee players i.e. Sam and George then I would assume that only £100k would count against the cap Mark?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:If we are allowed two marquee players i.e. Sam and George then I would assume that only £100k would count against the cap Mark?
The second marquee player is only allowed from next year, and if it's Sam and George then they'll count £150k total against the cap. Any new deal for George won't be able to see an increase this year, or a change in designation from Sam to him this year, as we'd break the cap.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE