FPN

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
southportcdm

Re: FPN

Post by southportcdm »

We really need to be careful about how we replace FPN and I hope that Tautai doesn't leave. Who knows how effective Benny will be when he returns, we can only hope that Clubby can return to health and form and our 'developing' props still seem some way off the pace. We could be very exposed against the stronger teams next season if we don't do something about the size and power of our props.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

I just noticed Adam Blair first on the list, a front row of James Graham, Powell/MM, Adam Blair would be best in the league by far imo, come on Mr Lenighan make it happen, we would be phenomenal with those two added to Tautai, Flower, Clubb & Sutton
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wandering Warrior wrote:The biggest loss has been Crosby not Mossop.
FPN has been a massive disappointment this year and if he is going home in his mind he is already there!
Expected much more.
For my own reasons I said Mossop and not Crosby,though in fairness Mossop has been well at Salford.

I am frankly not Ben Flower biggest fan,this season he's been floating about looking a little lost in my opinion and feel it's down to Dominic not being there,they were an excellent partnership both complimented each other well.

Leneghans "cost effective" jibe when Dominic left lowered my opinion of our chairman frankly,it crass and uncalled for and in the light of this season a downright stupid thing to say,while other seemed to drool over the squad I always thought Wigan were massively light in the prop department once the two of them left.

Very poor move by the club.

As for FPN he did have an impact last season,he was wing tackled by four players to even get him down,now? Well let's just say I'm with the majority of fans on his performances.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Not so sure about Blair, personally. He wouldn't be top of my list of available NRL props.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

fozzieskem wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:The biggest loss has been Crosby not Mossop.
FPN has been a massive disappointment this year and if he is going home in his mind he is already there!
Expected much more.
For my own reasons I said Mossop and not Crosby,though in fairness Mossop has been well at Salford.

I am frankly not Ben Flower biggest fan,this season he's been floating about looking a little lost in my opinion and feel it's down to Dominic not being there,they were an excellent partnership both complimented each other well.

Leneghans "cost effective" jibe when Dominic left lowered my opinion of our chairman frankly,it crass and uncalled for and in the light of this season a downright stupid thing to say,while other seemed to drool over the squad I always thought Wigan were massively light in the prop department once the two of them left.

Very poor move by the club.

As for FPN he did have an impact last season,he was wing tackled by four players to even get him down,now? Well let's just say I'm with the majority of fans on his performances.
I must have missed that fozzie! What did he say?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Josie's friend wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:Is this a wish post or a real rumour?
IMO FPN should stay along with T, those two along with Clubb are our best props by far. Crosby & FPN would of been ideal with T & Clubb coming off the bench.
I disagree, it showed last night who our best props are and FPN is not amongst them. When I posted about Williams you said similar to it being a wish post, if that is what you believe then fine.

By the way, let's not forget that we had to let players go to accommodate Frank!
Clearly wasn't directed at you (sorry if it seemed that way) but after a bad performance from a Australian player this sort of rumour starts. FPN will come good imo now that it looks like he'll start with Sutton.
We never lost this game because of our pack this was lost through our exposed sides, tactically they got it spot on. They're a big strong side and they used that advantage, the young players got battered but fought on.
Ok thanks.

Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

Didn't Saints check Big Frank out before we entered the bidding. I seem to recall they did and he wanted a three year contract. Saints have been stung too many times offering 30 year old Aussies long term contracts so they pulled out. I just hope that Wigan did their own background checks on him and didn't t rely on the fact that he was, or had been a Saints target. It did appear to be a quick deal after he surfaced on Wigans' radar, so to speak.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I would replace FPN with David fifita from wakey, he rips it up over here already.

SEFC any chance of dropping the name who we are after or PMing me if you don't want to broadcast it?
shaunedwardsfanclub

bill.inger wrote:Didn't Saints check Big Frank out before we entered the bidding. I seem to recall they did and he wanted a three year contract. Saints have been stung too many times offering 30 year old Aussies long term contracts so they pulled out. I just hope that Wigan did their own background checks on him and didn't t rely on the fact that he was, or had been a Saints target. It did appear to be a quick deal after he surfaced on Wigans' radar, so to speak.
That's right Bill, Saints did approach FPN first. They finished up signing Douglas!
shaunedwardsfanclub

God wrote:He was expected to be better than last season.....he isn't, and is quite frankly the laziest prop in the league who just plods into contact.

Massively over hyped, on big wages to the extent we couldn't offer Crosby the deal he wanted the sooner he dissapears with his small heart and little effort the better.

I would go all out to lure James Graham if his time is up at the Bulldogs. He wears his heart on his sleeve and hates loosing and would literally do anything to win.

Crosby is a big loss, Mossop I'm very comfortable with given Navarette has shown me he wants to play for the club and puts a good effort in when selected, him and Mr T have been our best props this year.

I honestly think we will be looking to offload FPN over the coming months so we can bring somebody who puts the effort in.
Do you think JG would come to Wigan? Could we afford him?