Latics/Money/Athletic ground

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Brad5926

Latics/Money/Athletic ground

Post by Brad5926 »

I am hearing numerous whispers that latics are struggling for money. On the back of Whelan asking Lenegan for more money , he has said no and I have been told he has asked about the athletics ground as that is also struggling for funding from Sport England etc. To I guess go and build on that ???

How true this is I don't know but from a good source in and around the club.
markill

Re: Latics/Money/Athletic ground

Post by markill »

How much is there in any rumour that IL might buy Whelan out of the stadium?
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

markill wrote:How much is there in any rumour that IL might buy Whelan out of the stadium?
If only but I doubt IL has even give that a second thought
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Latics must be strapped for cash if not now then very soon.
Being relegated is a double hit. Reduced gate prices and lower att.
They also might have difficulty paying some of their overpriced player.
One day DW might decide not to bankroll them and they go into Administration. Then the administrator will be open to bids for b oth the club and all its assets, including the stadium.
Jimmy Birts

Post by Jimmy Birts »

Latics difficulty is our opportunity.

Hopefully IL gets something in return if he's paying extra for pitch maintenance etc
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

At the rate Lactics are sliding they'll be playing conference football within 5 years,I just don't see them ever recovering now and as I'm a lapsed evertonian I have little interest how well they do other than when it affects Wigan rugby.

And I suspect it is going to effect the club but that's a big ole barn to try and keep afloat is the "doomsday" scenario comes to pass.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

fozzieskem wrote:At the rate Lactics are sliding they'll be playing conference football within 5 years,I just don't see them ever recovering now and as I'm a lapsed evertonian I have little interest how well they do other than when it affects Wigan rugby.

And I suspect it is going to effect the club but that's a big ole barn to try and keep afloat is the "doomsday" scenario comes to pass.

i would love us to move out and build say our own 20,000 capacity stadium with standing room as well as seats. Surely there must be land available to at least look into this and to get away from Whelan once and for all
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

OAMJSON wrote:
fozzieskem wrote:At the rate Lactics are sliding they'll be playing conference football within 5 years,I just don't see them ever recovering now and as I'm a lapsed evertonian I have little interest how well they do other than when it affects Wigan rugby.

i would love us to move out and build say our own 20,000 capacity stadium with standing room as well as seats. Surely there must be land available to at least look into this and to get away from Whelan once and for all
And where do you think Wigan RL would get £25 - 30 Million from to build it?
ragman

Post by ragman »

The stadium is not an asset of wafc. It belongs to Stadco, who lease it to both clubs. Obviously if wafc do go into administration, then Stadco is in trouble, which might be a chance to buy the stadium at a song.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

ragman wrote:The stadium is not an asset of wafc. It belongs to Stadco, who lease it to both clubs. Obviously if wafc do go into administration, then Stadco is in trouble, which might be a chance to buy the stadium at a song.
Correct me if I'm wrong but did Dave Whelan not gift it to the Latics?