Shorrocks/Connor Farrell

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
jaws1

Shorrocks/Connor Farrell

Post by jaws1 »

Was told that Wigan have released the above players is this a wind up is it true?[/b]
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Shorrocks/Connor Farrell

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jaws1 wrote: Was told that Wigan have released the above players is this a wind up is it true?[/b]
I think it is a wind up, both players are injured.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think Shorrocks may end up being another mellor, cast aside if he racks up too many injuries, but the lad has quality, connor i expect to migrate to the Wigan B (widnes) over the next couple of years
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
markill

Post by markill »

I feel sorry for Connor. The injury he picked up out on loan at Widnes last year interrupted what was looking like a good run in their first team. Now we've got the next wave behind him looking good so he's probably going to have to move on.

Shorrocks is too talented to give up on just yet, and his injury issues should keep his wage price down a little longer than may have otherwise been the case.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
OJ

Post by OJ »

Heard there were at least three. Connor Farrell Gabe Fell and can't recall the 3rd one. Great shame and wouldn't like to be the one to have to tell them but such things have to happen sadly
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Shorrocks is here for the long term. He was part of the reason Matty Smith no longer featured in the plan!
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

SKY Sports said tonight that Connor Farrell had gone on a month's loan to Swinton.
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Connor Farrell, Gabriel Fell, and Kyle Shelford all to be released at end of season.

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-l ... -1-8556525
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cherry.pie wrote:They obviously haven't been released immediately as Farrell has gone on loan to Swinton. It's possible that they've all been told that they can leave at the end of the season.

It certainly seems like both Farrell and Fell don't have much of a future at the club. Farrell has been unlucky with injuries and has fallen down the pecking order in the back row. He's behind Faz, Bateman, Isa, Joel, Wells and Gregson now and we've got some promising back row forwards coming through the U19's with Paisley, Shorrocks and Pilling.

Fell is another who I think has been unlucky. He was injured at the start of the year which meant Escare had to be signed. He never got a chance to fight for his place and has had to go out on loan. When I've seen him play he's looked like a good modern fullback, very skillful and elusive.

It would be a shame is Shorrocks is allowed to leave. He still has plenty of potential despite his injury problems. We've got a very promising half in the U19's called Harry Smith but he's only a first year. I'm not convinced that Woods is going to be a top player and with Leuluai presumably taking up a coaching role next year we would be a little short on cover in the halves.
I think Tommy will go round again next season, let's be honest he is hardly washed up. Smith does look promising but he is several years off playing at SL standard. Shorrocks won't leave unless his injury restricts his appearances/level of performance, the club think very highly of him.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards