Sam

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Sam

Post by Wes »

All eyes are on one name. Sam Tomkins and what the Warriors are going to do with their highest paid player. The long-term extension of Morgan Escaré only complicates things, Escaré’s new contract also includes a one-year option to extend the deal at the end of 2020. It is believed that Tomkins injury to his ankle has had more complications and he could now miss the entire 2017 season. There is whispers that the club may offload him or even a retirement could be on the cards. Sad news for such a talented player.

http://www.5thtackle.com/super-league-p ... hispers/3/
markill

Re: Sam

Post by markill »

Seems a little unsubstantiated. I've not seen, heard or read any suggestion of retirement or offloading him anywhere else.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Wes

Post by Wes »

Good hope your right.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I wouldn't take much notice of this website, you will have noticed that it publishes a lot of rumours and as such it is bound to get something right sometime. The Sam rumour will soon be put to bed.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Trouble is with the Sam rumours they make more sense than him coming back from injury

The club have signed escare long term, i refuse to believe escare at 25 would of signed this to be a back up player. That only leaves 2 options

1 - Sams future is seen @ 7/6
2 - Sam isn't returning or at least not to us
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Trouble is with the Sam rumours they make more sense than him coming back from injury

The club have signed escare long term, i refuse to believe escare at 25 would of signed this to be a back up player. That only leaves 2 options

Using that logic, the same would apply to Dom Manfredi. I pose a number of questions, if Sam is not going to recover properly then which team would sign an injured player? Who could afford him? Why would he walk away from a lucrative contract?

He'll be back soon.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Trouble is with the Sam rumours they make more sense than him coming back from injury

Using that logic, the same would apply to Dom Manfredi. I pose a number of questions, if Sam is not going to recover properly then which team would sign an injured player? Who could afford him? Why would he walk away from a lucrative contract?

He'll be back soon.
no one has been signed to replace manfredi though have they, dom and joe are still our starting wingers. Add to that there are 2 wing positions and only 1 full back.

I think Sams name is big enough to get him in at a club outside the top 4, as to who could afford him, well unfortunately for Sam he would have to take a massive pay cut in line with the risk a club would need to take on him. He doesn't have a divine right to be well paid. I dont think he will walk away but the club may get fed up about paying someone to warm a bench.

You seem to have more info than me about the internals of the club so you are probably right but from the outside Sams return for us seems to get further away, Escares deal must have been done on the basis of Sam so like i say he either returns in the halves or not at all
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Post by Wes »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:

He'll be back soon.
SEFC normally has the inside track info so I'm happy at the confidence shown he'll be back.

I fell on the article and thought I'd share 1 because why not and 2 because I was hoping someone would step up and put it to bed.

I'm in the it's sams last chance camp because of his injuries and time off but equally I want his return to be a massive success. It doesn't have to be at FB I really believe he is capable of mirroring Lockyer who also started as a half but couldn't break in moved to fullback lost pace then went back to the halves and he didn't turn out bad. Sam is a similar build and has a rugby brain.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

It would not make sense from his or the club's perspectives for him to talk about return dates on national TV.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:It would not make sense from his or the club's perspectives for him to talk about return dates on national TV.
Why not Exiled?

Not sure who's on twitter or not, but gelling has posed a video of sam tomkins on the pads, to which sam has replied saying this was at the end of an hours session.

Looks fine to play now never mind season over.

Suppose we will play the game until it matters.