Sam

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Exiled Wiganer

Re: Sam

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Having re read that it wasn't clear what I meant which was that it wouldn't be right for Sam to say he would be back in a month or so on TV if, as the original article suggests, his recovery is going so badly he may need to retire.
lucky 13

Post by lucky 13 »

Sam looked ok in the video and he later returned the banter by putting one of
Gells. Both looked like they had been putting in a shift.
02/04/2010/
[IMG]http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff24 ... 10-1-1.jpg[/IMG]

HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

I can't wait to see Sam back
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Over rated by our fans
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wormburner wrote:Over rated by our fans
Unfortuantly without a return to some kind of form this is how he will be remembered - correct or not

If you look make a Sam highlight reel a lot of the footage is going to be pre NRL, he needs to add some to that.

Feels to me he has never been right since that first injury but who knows - i just dont know that many players whove put the amount of time on the sidelines that tomkins has had behind them to come back to full form.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Pre 2013 he was a fantastic player no doubt, what put me off was his arrogance and big headedness, since coming back to the club he has been no better than Nathan McAvoy in 2006 yet some fans are that far up his arris that they wouldn't know the truth if if it give them a swift kick between the legs, sentimentality and fan adoration is only going to lead to disappointment, hence the reason i never get into it :exc:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:I just dont know that many players whove put the amount of time on the sidelines that tomkins has had behind them to come back to full form.
Billy Slater! He's been great since he came back.

But yes, it is depressingly rare.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wormburner wrote:Pre 2013 he was a fantastic player no doubt, what put me off was his arrogance and big headedness, since coming back to the club he has been no better than Nathan McAvoy in 2006 yet some fans are that far up his arris that they wouldn't know the truth if if it give them a swift kick between the legs, sentimentality and fan adoration is only going to lead to disappointment, hence the reason i never get into it :exc:
Imo Sam is probably just reacting to the other persons attitude, only spoke to him a handful of times since he's been back but seems just the same to me. The thing with Bilko was a bit uncalled for but it was a reaction to something he took personal.
So not making excuses for him but not had a bad experience when ever I've met him. Benny Westwood is another nice fella who people presume has an attitude, met him with my son while he was with Lockers. He couldn't of been friendlier and this was shortly after the Blake Green punch so didn't really want to talk to him, walked away with a completely new opinion.