Jonny Lomax

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Jonny Lomax

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:How many games has he played in the last three years?
Less than Sam Tomkins!
actually true
2015-17

lomax 28 games
tomkins 31 games

Although Lomax can equal it if he puts 3 games in before sam gets back
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He is good enough but surely there's no room in the medical room for him.
ajsefc

Post by ajsefc »

Would this be an immediate signing or for next year Josie?
'I have a good stand up wash in that sink once a week'
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ajsefc wrote:Would this be an immediate signing or for next year Josie?
I don't know. It's just something I heard with us having FB (and kicking) problems at the moment.

How true it is........
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
endoman

Post by endoman »

josie andrews wrote:
ajsefc wrote:Would this be an immediate signing or for next year Josie?
I don't know. It's just something I heard with us having FB (and kicking) problems at the moment.

How true it is........
We don't have a kicking problem according to our coach. Would it also suggest Sam is either not near a return, or not playing FB?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

fozzieskem wrote:He is good enough but surely there's no room in the medical room for him.
:lol: :lol:
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

I'm not sure Lomax is even a goal kicker, I can't even remember him getting an attempt.

Last couple of years they've had Luke Walsh and Percival this season as their regular kickers, with Travis Burns and Makinson as back up at various times.

He'd certainly not be anywhere near the 80-odd % rate that we need.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

fozzieskem wrote:He is good enough but surely there's no room in the medical room for him.

Remember Nigel Wright??? One of the most gifted players I have seen, amazing player, who was always injured when playing for us!! Whilst at Wakefield he was an almost ever present, we sign him and we hardly saw him as he was always broken!!! We loan him back to Wakefield and he plays nearly every game for them....comes back to Wigan and within a few games he's broken again!! Wigan was just not the right team for him!!! Maybe this is Lomax's problem....maybe St Helens just isn't the team for him?? Maybe a move to another club with different ways of doing things will be what he needs, as Johnny Lomax when fit is a very good player!!! And as I recall, when he first came onto the scene he was a very good goal kicker!!!

Matt
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Oh i agree a change of scenary can and often does work wonders for players but his record unless its a pay as you play type deal,certainly to begin with is a massive risk
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

fozzieskem wrote:Oh i agree a change of scenary can and often does work wonders for players but his record unless its a pay as you play type deal,certainly to begin with is a massive risk

Agree with that, but if we did sign him on a contract that suited both parties and got him fit, it would be fab and as a bonus the Stains fans would be well naffed off!!! :cool:

Matt