Hep Cahill

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wormburner

Re: Hep Cahill

Post by Wormburner »

moto748 wrote:Ah, the 'you're better off with a Fiesta than a Ferrari' argument! :lol:
Too right, a good few years ago now i owned a Gilera coguar 125 motorbike and my mate owned a Yamaha R1, i prefered my bike out of the two seeing as though it only cost me £2 to get to barrow and back and around a tenner to fill her up which easily lasted 3 week, my mate on the other hand had to pay nearly 5 times as much in running cost, guess who had the more fun on the narrow winding roads that surround Millom and guess who sold his R1 and bought a Suzuki Marauder 125. :lol:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wormburner wrote:
moto748 wrote:Ah, the 'you're better off with a Fiesta than a Ferrari' argument! :lol:
Too right, a good few years ago now i owned a Gilera coguar 125 motorbike and my mate owned a Yamaha R1, i prefered my bike out of the two seeing as though it only cost me £2 to get to barrow and back and around a tenner to fill her up which easily lasted 3 week, my mate on the other hand had to pay nearly 5 times as much in running cost, guess who had the more fun on the narrow winding roads that surround Millom and guess who sold his R1 and bought a Suzuki Marauder 125. :lol:

A fairytale nothing more nothing less, you never return to a 125 was you pass your test.
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Josie's friend wrote:
Wormburner wrote:

A fairytale nothing more nothing less, you never return to a 125 was you pass your test.
OOOH, Is that the law, I know of many riders who have returned to 125's for many reasons, including myself
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

Wormburner wrote:
Josie's friend wrote:
Wormburner wrote:Too right, a good few years ago now i owned a Gilera coguar 125 motorbike and my mate owned a Yamaha R1, i prefered my bike out of the two seeing as though it only cost me £2 to get to barrow and back and around a tenner to fill her up which easily lasted 3 week, my mate on the other hand had to pay nearly 5 times as much in running cost, guess who had the more fun on the narrow winding roads that surround Millom and guess who sold his R1 and bought a Suzuki Marauder 125. :lol:

OOOH, Is that the law, I know of many riders who have returned to 125's for many reasons, including myself
Still telling fairy stories, I'll repeat no one returns to 125 after they pass their test. The minimum they go is 250 and even then it's usually women for the weight.
If you returned to a 125 (who are you kidding) then you've either been banned and awaiting a retest or you can't effort direct access.
You can happily prove me wrong, I'll pull up on my Tiger 800 XC and you on your 125 then we'll compare licenses showing we have full A. If I'm wrong I'll hand over £5 straight away
moto748

Re Joey Dunlop

Post by moto748 »

Except the 125s he was talking about aren't like the ones you can buy in the shops!

Me, I've got two bikes. Neither of them are 125s :)
Josie's friend

Re: Re Joey Dunlop

Post by Josie's friend »

moto748 wrote:Except the 125s he was talking about aren't like the ones you can buy in the shops!

Good lad :lol:
Wormburner

Re: Re Joey Dunlop

Post by Wormburner »

moto748 wrote:Except the 125s he was talking about aren't like the ones you can buy in the shops!

The last RD i owned was, Stan Stephens tuned with a John Lomas pipe, now that was quick for what it was and was far mor exciting than Adventure bikes
:lol: