NRL Targgets

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
oldhooker

NRL Targgets

Post by oldhooker »

League weekly has reported that we are intested in Trent Hodgkinson, Tariq Sims and Jeremy Smith all from Newcastle Knights.Hodgkinson is a decent player but nothing special, Sims the weaker of the Sims brothers and Smith is 35 years old, whom I understand was supposed to have retired last year.If this is correct it does not fill me with confidence for next season and shows our lack of ambition in chasing players of this calibre.
bill.inger

Re: NRL Targgets

Post by bill.inger »

They are the sort of panic-buy players that KFC would have brought over to St Helens.
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

oldhooker wrote:League weekly has reported that we are intested in Trent Hodgkinson, Tariq Sims and Jeremy Smith all from Newcastle Knights.Hodgkinson is a decent player but nothing special, Sims the weaker of the Sims brothers and Smith is 35 years old, whom I understand was supposed to have retired last year.If this is correct it does not fill me with confidence for next season and shows our lack of ambition in chasing players of this calibre.
I thought Tariq was the better brother
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Tariq is the best ov the bunch...... trent is a decent player in a poor team and would be a great half partner for george...... hes a good leader,place kicker, organiser and great infield kicker......similar player too brett finch......ide stay well clear of smith though
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Be happy enough to have Tariq Sims (unless he just wants to go out for a beer with his brother down the road). The other two, no ta, for the reasons stated.
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

Tariq is way better than ashton.

Hodkinson would suit our style and complement george massively.

One running half

One kicking half

NICKYKISS

Post by NICKYKISS »

Not sure if they've got incorrect info or just if this is from an old article but according to Google Jeremy Smith retired last year, Sims is at St George and Hodkinson has been dropped to the reserves and has knee problems (ideal fit).

I don't really follow the NRL that closely though so it could be wrong.
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

oldhooker wrote:League weekly has reported that we are intested in Trent Hodgkinson, Tariq Sims and Jeremy Smith all from Newcastle Knights.Hodgkinson is a decent player but nothing special, Sims the weaker of the Sims brothers and Smith is 35 years old, whom I understand was supposed to have retired last year.If this is correct it does not fill me with confidence for next season and shows our lack of ambition in chasing players of this calibre.

Wouldn't sign any of the players mentioned, average at best. Rather sign Jarrod Crocker or Tyrone peachey
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Why would we sign a centre? Especially one that can kick goals :lol:
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Firestarter wrote:Why would we sign a centre? Especially one that can kick goals :lol:
Because we've already got one but he got injured playing on loan for Workington.