Jack walker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
fozzieskem

Re: Jack walker

Post by fozzieskem »

Hate to say it but sport is littered with great prospects,the truth is ths,he is a boy of 17 doing and living the dream,concentrate on that,not where you think you're best at,thats what you have coaches for you know the old men who've for the most part done a job for many years.

He needs bringing down a peg or two in my opinion or else he's another Hampshire in the making.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

fozzieskem wrote:Hate to say it but sport is littered with great prospects,the truth is ths,he is a boy of 17 doing and living the dream,concentrate on that,not where you think you're best at,thats what you have coaches for you know the old men who've for the most part done a job for many years.

He needs bringing down a peg or two in my opinion or else he's another Hampshire in the making.
It is but if you don't unearth great prospects you don't find great players. From a team of juniors you may get two who make the grade. In my humble opinion this lad has got ability, whether he progresses or not is down to his attitude and the level of coaching he receives. He is certainly not going to progress playing under 19 rugby.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: It is but if you don't unearth great prospects you don't find great players. From a team of juniors you may get two who make the grade. In my humble opinion this lad has got ability, whether he progresses or not is down to his attitude and the level of coaching he receives. He is certainly not going to progress playing under 19 rugby.
Agreed,

But it is down to his attittude to coaches,at 17 i barely knew how to mke a cup of tea,this young chap has been badly advised in my opinion at that age just play and enjoy the sport simple as that,hes living the dream i just dont think he knows it yet.

I know little about him to be honest,other than the sky hype machine,if he played under 19's i certainly dont remember him,but thats really by the by,this is about him turning down a contract,which of course he is entitled to do but turn it down for the right reasons,too far from home etc not becuase i want to play in a certain position.

Warrior1872

Post by Warrior1872 »

I would have thought Leeds would have found a place in the backs for Golding that way Walker could have continued at fullback i think its just down to Hetherington being a stubborn Yorkshire Bastard
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Maybe Walker sees himself better than the £16k or so salary that he'll near enough be on. Like most 17/18 year olds that included Charnley who was on that salary around that age.
Few clubs would pay more than the going rate for a 17 year old unless they thought he was something special. Is Walker that special to justify a much bigger salary.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im probably going to go against the grain and say i think its a good choice by the lad. He has identified people are in the pecking order in front of him, he knows where he wants to be and he's obviously got a plan to get there and i say good luck to him. From what i have seen he is more than capable of mixing it in superleague already

People have a way of transferring their fears onto other people, there is probably plenty of players who are happy to sit in the wings and wait for a shot but you never know by the time your shot comes there can be another sensation coming through.

Most of the people who tell you that you cant do something or shouldn't do something are normally saying "id be too scared to do that" or "i wasn't good enough to do that at that age"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wes

Post by Wes »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Im probably going to go against the grain and say i think its a good choice by the lad. He has identified people are in the pecking order in front of him, he knows where he wants to be and he's obviously got a plan to get there and i say good luck to him. From what i have seen he is more than capable of mixing it in superleague already

People have a way of transferring their fears onto other people, there is probably plenty of players who are happy to sit in the wings and wait for a shot but you never know by the time your shot comes there can be another sensation coming through.

Most of the people who tell you that you cant do something or shouldn't do something are normally saying "id be too scared to do that" or "i wasn't good enough to do that at that age"
+1 ????
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

He's signed a 3 year deal with the Rhinos!
Walker, 17, initially turned down the chance of a full time first team contract with the Rhinos as he wanted assurances that he would play his preferred position of fullback. But, after considering his options Walker has now decided to stay at Leeds and has signed a new 3-year deal, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2020 season. He will now be given a place in the 25-man first team squad for 2018.
http://the18thman.com/2017/08/03/rhinos ... new-deals/
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:He's signed a 3 year deal with the Rhinos!
Walker, 17, initially turned down the chance of a full time first team contract with the Rhinos as he wanted assurances that he would play his preferred position of fullback. But, after considering his options Walker has now decided to stay at Leeds and has signed a new 3-year deal, keeping him at the club until the end of the 2020 season. He will now be given a place in the 25-man first team squad for 2018.
AKA no one could guarantee me my spot I wanted in a decent side and I do not want to risk career in the championship so I come begging to stay. Just hope Leeds offered him less to teach him a lesson. A lesson Rocky is learning the hard way atm.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

thegimble wrote:
josie andrews wrote:He's signed a 3 year deal with the Rhinos!
AKA no one could guarantee me my spot I wanted in a decent side and I do not want to risk career in the championship so I come begging to stay. Just hope Leeds offered him less to teach him a lesson. A lesson Rocky is learning the hard way atm.
Agreed,

Too many people bigging him up on the strength of nothing,much like Hampshire sad case,as many of us said take the contract,learn the game then in a few years if you've progressed enough then go for the jugular not the other way round.