Jack walker

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
oval balls

Jack walker

Post by oval balls »

Apparently that young lad jack walker has turned down a three year contract with Leeds
Think he would be a good prospect as on the games I seen him play looked very good
wigans turning blue- my arse

josie andrews

Re: Jack walker

Post by josie andrews »

oval balls wrote:Apparently that young lad jack walker has turned down a three year contract with Leeds
Think he would be a good prospect as on the games I seen him play looked very good
He only wants to play fullback! A bit like Ryan Hampshire only wanting to play half back & look where he has ended up!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

I've only seen him play in the televised games but he performed very well.

I'd guess though that the contract issue is more about money than wanting to play a specific position. Maybe something similar to the Joe Burgess situation perhaps.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jobo wrote:I've only seen him play in the televised games but he performed very well.

I'd guess though that the contract issue is more about money than wanting to play a specific position. Maybe something similar to the Joe Burgess situation perhaps.
He was offered a 3 year contract jobo.

In a statement on the club website on Wednesday, Walker said he had rejected the contract offer because he did not feel he would be able to play in his favoured position of full-back.

He said: "The club has a great young full-back in Ashton Golding who is only two years older than me and who recently signed a four-year deal, so I need to look at my future and make the right call on my career going forward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/40670909

Think the link is a bit suspect! ????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
jobo

Post by jobo »

josie andrews wrote:
jobo wrote:I've only seen him play in the televised games but he performed very well.

He was offered a 3 year contract jobo.

In a statement on the club website on Wednesday, Walker said he had rejected the contract offer because he did not feel he would be able to play in his favoured position of full-back.

He said: "The club has a great young full-back in Ashton Golding who is only two years older than me and who recently signed a four-year deal, so I need to look at my future and make the right call on my career going forward.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/40670909

Think the link is a bit suspect! ????
Didn't spot that Josie. The little bit I've seen of him suggests he's a good future ahead of him and sometimes certain CEO's and chairmen try to not exactly take advantage of younger player but play on their naivety.

I'm probably wrong on this one.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

A three year deal on peanuts would take him to 20 years old. I wonder who's been inflating his ego?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:
oval balls wrote:Apparently that young lad jack walker has turned down a three year contract with Leeds
He only wants to play fullback! A bit like Ryan Hampshire only wanting to play half back & look where he has ended up!!
Gwen said the exact same thing to me last night Josie :lol:
moto748

Post by moto748 »

josie andrews wrote: He only wants to play fullback! A bit like Ryan Hampshire only wanting to play half back & look where he has ended up!!

He's better than Hampshire, thoughbut.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He only wants to play fullback! A bit like Ryan Hampshire only wanting to play half back & look where he has ended up!!

He's better than Hampshire, thoughbut.

By a million miles.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Somebody is going to get a good player and a tremendous prospect.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards