Sonny Bill

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
East Stand Faithful

Sonny Bill

Post by East Stand Faithful »

http://rugbylad.com/sonny-bill-williams ... o-england/

Seems a long shot to me and i think he will be too old by then and want megabucks
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
fozzieskem

Re: Sonny Bill

Post by fozzieskem »

Very much a long shot,but bums on seats he would provide that aspect if nothing else.

Long shot for me.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

he'd be 34 then am i right?

All depends on the circumstances, if he could still play to a decent level id have him provided his contract wasn't didnt inhibit a current talent being retained or purchased. I think he's the kinda player that could draw crowds if not just for a swan song year.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Bit hypocritical of posters so far, slating one of the greatest players in the world because he's 34, yet the same fans most likely want Lockers who will be 35 in November to play another season, our fans really do beggar belief sometimes, i know which player i'd rather have playing at the age of 35 and he isn't Andy Farrells brother in law
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

Wormburner wrote:Bit hypocritical of posters so far, slating one of the greatest players in the world because he's 34, yet the same fans most likely want Lockers who will be 35 in November to play another season, our fans really do beggar belief sometimes, i know which player i'd rather have playing at the age of 35 and he isn't Andy Farrells brother in law
Should have put this on the other thread lol :lol: :lol: :lol:
Let's is a contraction of “let us.” You use it to make suggestions about what you and someone else should do. Let's is NOT a promise
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Perhaps i should have clarifed my statement,i think its a long shot Wigan would pay the sort of wages he'd command,very much a long shot too.

Lets be fair its agent talk nothing more he wont come to SL he'll get his swansong in the NRL.

markill

Post by markill »

Unless there is a salary cap rules change before then, we already have two marquee players and one of them would have to leave or accept a pay cut by 2020 to make this happen.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wormburner wrote:Bit hypocritical of posters so far, slating one of the greatest players in the world because he's 34, yet the same fans most likely want Lockers who will be 35 in November to play another season, our fans really do beggar belief sometimes, i know which player i'd rather have playing at the age of 35 and he isn't Andy Farrells brother in law
I don't know about hypocritical, but if you compare Lockers' attitude to the club with SBW's to the Roosters...
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And if you really want an ageing Aussie/Kiwi to fritter half the salary cap away on, I'd rather have Paul Gallen than SBW any day. :lol:
Wormburner

Post by Wormburner »

moto748 wrote:And if you really want an ageing Aussie/Kiwi to fritter half the salary cap away on, I'd rather have Paul Gallen than SBW any day. :lol:
I wouldn't want either, not a fan of Gallen and SBW can't be trusted to stay anywhere longer than 5 minutes, yes SBW would no doubt put bums on seats but what we need are players who are going to stay for a decent period of time. As for Lockers, it's not like i've got anything against him, i just find it ironic that certain fans think we can't exist without him yet any player who we are rumoured to be linked with who is older than 31 get's slagged off to the hilt, it just makes me laugh