Shaun Edwards

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Shaun Edwards

Post by Wes »

Wane stepping down at the end of the season with Edwards signing a 2year deal to replace him is a whisper in hearing.
eccywarrior

Re: Shaun Edwards

Post by eccywarrior »

Seriously doubt that will happen. I spoke to Edwards at Wembley and actually asked him will he ever come back to league and he said no plans to plus he said hes never had any offers.
IN WANE WE TRUST
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

is he not still a active Union Coach? (i wonder if thats why he was at the CC)

and i thought everyone hated the Jobs for the lads mentality :D
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
Wes

Post by Wes »

eccywarrior wrote:Seriously doubt that will happen. I spoke to Edwards at Wembley and actually asked him will he ever come back to league and he said no plans to plus he said hes never had any offers.
Like I said only a whisper in the old rumour mill, trying to get a bit more info on it being a yay or a nay.
nellywelly

Post by nellywelly »

Fawdoffshed wrote:He's been away from rugby league for yonks and he wouldn't necessarily bring success to Wigan. Alas, I have to say that it will probably take an antipodean to bring continued success. Wane, although quite possibly the most ardent ever Wigan coach, has probably had his day in the sun and I, along with every true Wiganer, should acknowledge his huge contribution to the club.

However, the season's over only when it's over.
I agree totally Wane has had his day though I believe last nights preformance was one of the best this season I still think it is time to find a replacement but I don't think Shawn Edwards is the answer a Aussie coach is probably the best choice
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

If passion won matches Wane would be a brilliant coach, but sadly it does not, our attack and attacking structure is terrible
PaulC

Post by PaulC »

ddtftf wrote:If passion won matches Wane would be a brilliant coach, but sadly it does not, our attack and attacking structure is terrible
Im not saying its great, but its hardly terrible (frustrating to watch perhaps) but with 104 Tries, with only Salford and Cas ahead on 109 and 134, there are certainly worse teams out there.....

I think what is worse this year, is those tight games that we won last year have ended in a draw or narrow loss this year, mainly down to defence.

We do need an attacking coach though, if only to keep up with Cas
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I think Cas have moved the goalposts this year,the casual fan those who will only attend a few games simple arent going to put up with dull,one dimensional rugby when on Sky you can see them running in try after try,you would hope other clubs have seen this and will respond accordingly if not crowds will dwindle.

Wane will I'm sure be here this time next year and without the WCC to worry about (in all probabilty at least)hopefully the side can get back to bread and butter stuff once the nonsense down under is completed.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ddtftf wrote:If passion won matches Wane would be a brilliant coach, but sadly it does not, our attack and attacking structure is terrible
+1.
jao 711

Post by jao 711 »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
+1.
And yet most of our tries have come from the wingers plus only one team has scored a lot more points than us.We have a rookie winger sitting second in the try scoring table with Burgess pretty close behind.Although it's not the best our attack is certainly not as bad as some would have us believe.This argument is being used as an attack on the coach but the facts and figures do not support it.