Michael Mcguire

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Second Row

Re: Michael Mcguire

Post by Second Row »

Its' Thursday today and perhaps the one thing to look forward to next season with is not to be ,seems same old same old but after 60 plus years, post 'hen pen' I think I am hooked :D :D
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Despite the fact that Burnden Park was knackered, I've never experienced an atmosphere, particularly under lights, at the Breezeblock as I did there.
CP also provided wonderful atmosphere under lights, the Manly game sticks in my memory, but some of the loss I put down to all seating.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Every credit to loosehead though. He provided a spirits lift for a couple of days. IL take note!!
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
Second Row wrote:Its' Thursday today and perhaps the one thing to look forward to next season with is not to be ,seems same old same old but after 60 plus years, post 'hen pen' I think I am hooked :D :D
What memories, Second Row! I have spent many, many hours in the Hen Pen watching the incomparable Billy. Central Park, in those days, had a wonderful atmosphere and I miss it very much. I have yet to experience that at the DW Stadium. Alas, I don't think I ever will.

Me to wonderful times and brilliant atmosphere i bought my first season ticket for the hen pen if my memory serves me right got it through school off Dennis Mc hugh and had one ever since sadly atmosphere nothing like it was and even leading to loosing interest can't seem to get that buzz anymore and going to start with no away games and see where that leads but you put a smile on my face remenising about hen pen
Wes

Post by Wes »

Gutted we have had no announcement! With who I heard the rumour off I thought it would be a certain! Oh well more of the same I guess!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wes wrote:Gutted we have had no announcement! With who I heard the rumour off I thought it would be a certain! Oh well more of the same I guess!!
I will put it this way. Maguire has not got a side in the NRL so far since his sacking.

Whilst he has not signed for another club there is always hope.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
Wes wrote:Gutted we have had no announcement! With who I heard the rumour off I thought it would be a certain! Oh well more of the same I guess!!
I will put it this way. Maguire has not got a side in the NRL so far since his sacking.

Does this not tell you something?, he has obviously been found out and nobody wants him
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote:

Does this not tell you something?, he has obviously been found out and nobody wants him
Or maybe he is just waiting for Wire to up their offer. Or maybe your right.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote: I will put it this way. Maguire has not got a side in the NRL so far since his sacking.

Well, you're stretching it a bit there to suit your POV. It might mean that other NRL clubs are happy with the coaches they already have, it doesn't prove they don't rate Maguire.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

thegimble wrote:
medlocke wrote:
thegimble wrote: I will put it this way. Maguire has not got a side in the NRL so far since his sacking.

Or maybe he is just waiting for Wire to up their offer. Or maybe your right.
Maybe, the plot thickens