Lockers

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
josie andrews

Re: Lockers

Post by josie andrews »

Heard today Lockers has signed a 2 year deal
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:Heard today Lockers has signed a 2 year deal
I am a big fan of Lockers but if this is true Josie then I am worried. To be successful in sport you need to be ruthless and this, in my view, would be just another example of the club's inability to take sentiment out of decision making. The caveat to that being if Lockers is on a much reduced contract or a rolling contract based upon appearances.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:Heard today Lockers has signed a 2 year deal
I am a big fan of Lockers but if this is true Josie then I am worried. To be successful in sport you need to be ruthless and this, in my view, would be just another example of the club's inability to take sentiment out of decision making. The caveat to that being if Lockers is on a much reduced contract or a rolling contract based upon appearances.
What worries me more is that we have lost every game lockers as not played in so blatantly obvious there is no one in our squad to replace what he brings to the game. Giving him a 2 year deal compounds the problem with the amount of games this season off the top of my head 8 with his age and the battering his body has taken is only going to get worse meaning missing more games. So whatever contract they give him wont help Wigan the bullet needs to be bit and a replacement sourced now instead of trying to mould a loose forward buy one. Have nothing but respect and admiration for lockers but time has run out on his playing body and for the good of his health and Wigan rl should take a step into a new none playing venture
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

If it's true and Josies usually pretty close to the action re Lockers then I would use him at prop next year and have him play in 20 - 25 minute spells.
Having lost Flower, Clubb and Bretherton for long spells this season has been a major issue in that FPN, Tautai and Sutton haven't been able to have any real rest at any time.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

No straw damn us wrote:If it's true and Josies usually pretty close to the action re Lockers then I would use him at prop next year and have him play in 20 - 25 minute spells.
Having lost Flower, Clubb and Bretherton for long spells this season has been a major issue in that FPN, Tautai and Sutton haven't been able to have any real rest at any time.
He was supposed to play at prop this year but injuries to other players put paid to that.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

josie andrews wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:If it's true and Josies usually pretty close to the action re Lockers then I would use him at prop next year and have him play in 20 - 25 minute spells.
He was supposed to play at prop this year but injuries to other players put paid to that.
I don’t think it matters where he plays as he’d still have a massive influence but spelling him at prop makes sense.

Who was supposed to take over at 13 Josie?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

josie andrews wrote:
If that's the case then who was our loose forward going to be?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Target for Toronto in Wigan Today.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Target for Toronto in Wigan Today.
hell of a coup for them if they could pull it off,won’t happen though I’ll bet
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

Money talks, coming to the end of his career.