Dom Manfredi retiring?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Dom Manfredi retiring?

Post by Wandering Warrior »

So we are in a scenario with a player who's been out all season and half of last and ther's no sign of return?
I think the original post may be nearer the truth don't you think?
Are the Club waiting for some good news before letting some bad go?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
chris1234

Post by chris1234 »

To be fair I don't know Dom, neither have I ever met him, but the person who tells me the updates on him can't really get much closer to him. My man told me about his operation and also said that in his opinion (for what's it's worth) if they had any doubt that he wouldn't be able to carry on playing, the club wouldn't invest in the time, effort and most of all monies to get him back on the pitch. I was also told that Dom mentally wasn't 100% and had reservations about getting back into the full on impact sport that is rugby league, if I remember rightly, Dom initially reported he felt something floating in his knee after that return game...which they thought wasn't too bad an injury.. but it's turning out to be a bigger op, one where the surgeon may have to break his leg he has been told.
Again I'm only Repeating what I'm told by someone close to Dom, just so I'm clear "Wandering" I do not know Dom personally :D
RichardMathers @ MichaelJones86: don't bother coming then u nerd... or how's about u introduce yourself to me face to face you keyboard warrior?

MichaelJones86 @ RichardMathers: you would probably drop me, you drop everything else. Can't wait for Brett hodgson. Bellend
Wandering Warrior

Time will tell but the rumours are getting evidence by your summary! Breaking a leg to sort it? I know bones are broken and reset but the prognosis doesn't sound good.
Let's hope he's back before Brexit.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Time will tell but the rumours are getting evidence by your summary! Breaking a leg to sort it? I know bones are broken and reset but the prognosis doesn't sound good.
Dom's grandson will win the Lance Todd before Brexit!
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

All hearsay as ever, you'd think the club would give a cursory update on his condition but its not to be, either way it doesn't sound too good.
Wandering Warrior

Kittwazzer wrote:
Wandering Warrior wrote:Time will tell but the rumours are getting evidence by your summary! Breaking a leg to sort it? I know bones are broken and reset but the prognosis doesn't sound good.
Dom's grandson will win the Lance Todd before Brexit!
:lol:
Wandering Warrior

Op as previously mentioned, out six months.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Really disappointed for the lad, he played so well last year. I hope it all works out for him. Best of luck Dom.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

What a shame, he's such a good player.
Hope he makes a full recovery and we see him back on the field as early as is right for him.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Manfredi waits on comeback timeframe

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/rugby-l ... -1-8790135
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan