new signing

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
stevo38

new signing

Post by stevo38 »

apparantly wigan are after this young lad

The booze hound

Re: new signing

Post by The booze hound »

He looks to have a wonderful sidestep, handoff, tackling technique, offload and quick POTB. I wonder how long it would take us to coach that out of him and teach him how to wrestle. I bet we could do that in 3 to 6 games.

He's a dynamic forward that's for sure.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He looks the part but I’m sure FPN looked marvellous too if it comes off I hope he does well
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

He looks very promising but why would his team let him go if he's that good and why would he come to us? We can't pay players more money like we did years ago. I'd love us to sign great quality young aussies/kiwis and I'm not being funny but honestly when did we last sign a young promising (but unproven) player from an aussie team? Somebody help please. Does Pat Richards count? I would say no because he was already well established. I was going to go all the way back to Henry Paul but of course we got him from Wakey!
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Oh, I've just thought of one - Gells. I suppose we obtained him under 'unusual' circumstances but you'd have to say he's been a success.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Were any of those clips in first team games? They all looked like U age teams to me. Looks good though although those may have been compiled by his agent!

Good young lad but we need an experienced big prop. FPN has gone so we need a replacement for him. This lad doesn't look that kind of player really.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Has it been announced that FPN has gone?
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

God wrote:I’m looking at the bigger picture, it’s his pace that’s impressed me more than anything and his balance.

And he loves a good tackle you can just see it in him.

He’s never getting in the first team with Burgess ahead of him so why not come over for 2 years and prove yourself?

I hope he does come.
As I said on another thread.
No straw damn us wrote:
southportcdm wrote:I didn't think that Mr Lenagan made any commitment to new signings or a change in playing style in his address. He could have clearly stated that we intended to do something about one or both but he didn't. I hope I'm wrong but don't hold your breath.
Breathe in :wink:
Watch this space.
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

Cheers, No Straw, at least you're giving me reason hope. Perhaps you should get a place on the board.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

[quote. I'm not being funny but honestly when did we last sign a young promising (but unproven) player from an aussie team? Somebody help please. Does Pat Richards count? I would say no because he was already well established. I was going to go all the way back to Henry Paul but of course we got him from Wakey![/quote]

I think the best signing we ever made of an Aussie junior had to be Kurt Sorenson. Pity we only hung onto him for a season before he went back.
Ian Roberts was another ten years later, in 1986, he only stayed a season as well.