Ben currie

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
No straw damn us

Re: Ben currie

Post by No straw damn us »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I'm pretty sure Currie was on Wigan's Scholarship system but turned down a contract to go for a more lucrative deal with Wire's academy.
The club would do very well to get him to re-sign for us.
He was indeed and played Wigan and Wire off against each other to get the best deal. Lenagan eventually told him to make his mind up as that was Wigans last offer. Wire went higher so he took the deal and I believe there were a few extras (car and driving lessons).
IIRC he was in the year just before Williams, Hampshire, Burgess and Sutton.
His agency is "show me the money"!!! just google it.
pedro

Re: Ben currie

Post by pedro »

No straw damn us wrote:
Wiganer Ted wrote:I'm pretty sure Currie was on Wigan's Scholarship system but turned down a contract to go for a more lucrative deal with Wire's academy.
The club would do very well to get him to re-sign for us.
He was indeed and played Wigan and Wire off against each other to get the best deal. Lenagan eventually told him to make his mind up as that was Wigans last offer. Wire went higher so he took the deal and I believe there were a few extras (car and driving lessons).
IIRC he was in the year just before Williams, Hampshire, Burgess and Sutton.
His agency is "show me the money"!!! just google it.
a few years ago we spoke to his uncle at a wire v wigan game. He said wigan had released him and wire signed him. Wigan didnt give him an offer