Ben currie

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: Ben currie

Post by old hooker »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:
moto748 wrote: Who would you replace him with from the current squad?
He can not be replaced from the current squad, that is the point and its glaringly obvious we need to recruit.We have no centres ready for the first team other than Gildart.We continue to sign props and very little else.When will SW learn?
Do you not rate Higginson?
Yes do , I also rate, Kibula, Ganson, Worthington, Wells and so on but we cannot continue to keep shoving kids into the first team until they are ready.We need to get some experienced players into the squad to educate the young lads.Potential is all well ang good but it means little until it is fulfilled.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

People keep saying, we can't keep pushing youngsters into the first team, but what happened to "If you're good enough, you're old enough"?

How old is Leeds' full-back? I don't think he's even 17 yet. SGI Dragons and Penrith both have young rookie full-backs too...

I appreciate that there's an argument that props take a little longer to mature, for physical reasons, which is fair enough.
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think its ok for the odd couple ov kids too play then they can learn off the more experienced players.....be nice if our better kids get a chance next season( even if we do stay injury free)...... i do honestly think we would have give a few of them easier games last season, apart from the easier situation.....back on subject, i would love ben currie at wigan...... straight swap for forsyth lol
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Green Machine

Post by Green Machine »

moto748 wrote:People keep saying, we can't keep pushing youngsters into the first team, but what happened to "If you're good enough, you're old enough"?

How old is Leeds' full-back? I don't think he's even 17 yet. SGI Dragons and Penrith both have young rookie full-backs too...

I appreciate that there's an argument that props take a little longer to mature, for physical reasons, which is fair enough.
He's just turned 18.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

God wrote:
It’s true if you are good enough you are old enough.
Yes but surrounded by what in the first team? Experienced players or other 18 / 20 year olds?
widdenoldboy

Post by widdenoldboy »

God wrote: Back to the OP I’ve heard Curry wants to come back to Wigan.
Was Currie on Wigan's books at one time?

Was he picked as a centre for the World Cup Squad, best snap him before he has a really good tournament and the Aussies come calling :)?
Wiganer123

Post by Wiganer123 »

I think that is Daves point though as Thurston is hardly a rookie is he?
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

I'm pretty sure Currie was on Wigan's Scholarship system but turned down a contract to go for a more lucrative deal with Wire's academy.
The club would do very well to get him to re-sign for us.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiganer Ted wrote:I'm pretty sure Currie was on Wigan's Scholarship system but turned down a contract to go for a more lucrative deal with Wire's academy.
The club would do very well to get him to re-sign for us.
I think you are right Ted. Having said that I think we have more chance signing Edwina than Ben!
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
juanpablo

Post by juanpablo »

Currie has handed in a transfer request!!!