Assistant coach at Wigan

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wiganer Ted

Re: Assistant coach at Wigan

Post by Wiganer Ted »

We have better players than Catalans and most have been trained to a higher standard than them.
Remarks about his ability to obtain a work permit/visa to come as an assistant could be on the mark. Aussies don't have any problems with wp/v as head coach but asst coach could be problematical.

When suggestions were made about an asst for Waney I mentioned Geoff Toovey. First due to his record as a player and coach but also he was here in the UK as head coach at Bradford. It may be easier to get him a wp/v to switch to asst at Wigan than bring someone in from France.

Either Monaghan or Toovey would be fine with me as I think they would add a great deal to the way we play the game.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:Where and who is the new assistant coach?what is happening with FP?,who and where are the new signings that are being talked about?Is Gelling going or staying?As the old saying goes the club treat fans as mushrooms, keep us in the dark then feed us loads of shit.
Why do you need to know now when there is nothing to tell? Nobody is feeding anybody anything apart from a few rumour mongers on here, not the club!!
wrt MM, would he get a work permit as an assistant coach over here?

You must be the only person that believes rumours have no substance, not just people on here have mentioned the stories about Gelling, FP and MM theyhave all been mentioned from other various sources.So yes i do need to know as I invest money into this club by going to games, shopping at warriors world and subscribing to wigan tv.
You will know IF and WHEN anything is sorted with whomever and that's how it should be. You don't surely expect the club to comment on every fans rumour.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

People are looking for a boost on all fronts. After last season's dross that is to be expected.
The bumming up of a project player by a supposedly under fire coach is hardly going to be "exciting".
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: Why do you need to know now when there is nothing to tell? Nobody is feeding anybody anything apart from a few rumour mongers on here, not the club!!
wrt MM, would he get a work permit as an assistant coach over here?

You must be the only person that believes rumours have no substance, not just people on here have mentioned the stories about Gelling, FP and MM theyhave all been mentioned from other various sources.So yes i do need to know as I invest money into this club by going to games, shopping at warriors world and subscribing to wigan tv.
You will know IF and WHEN anything is sorted with whomever and that's how it should be. You don't surely expect the club to comment on every fans rumour.

Why not?,why should the club not let us know whether rumours are true or not, if a rumour is rife on several fronts the the club should put fans in the picture as to their authenticity.Also please dont shout it is rude.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

oldhooker wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
old hooker wrote:

Why not?,why should the club not let us know whether rumours are true or not, if a rumour is rife on several fronts the the club should put fans in the picture as to their authenticity.Also please dont shout it is rude.
Because it would either potentially undermine a different negotiating position, or be an inappropriate to comment during an active negotiation.

Some could be dismissed, but its far better just to not comment on anything until things are finalised IMO.

You'd not like a potential new company you were thinking of joining to make public that you were negotiating with them until you had actually agreed terms would you? It would make your life more difficult if the deal didn't go through and you'd probably be pissed off about it coming out before you were ready.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

Well he was in Sainsburys again at the weekend, with his partner/wife and their baby. So he's obviously living locally in the meantime

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Fawdoffshed wrote:I saw Gary Connolly in Asda. :cool:
I wish I had seen him playing at the DW last season ????
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

He was incredible!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
moto748

Post by moto748 »

After watching Lebanon against Tonga, can we have Freddie Fittler as attack coach, please? :)
formulamoto

Post by formulamoto »

and billy slater full back