Luke Gale?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wigan_forever1985

Re: Luke Gale?

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Wes wrote:Luke Gale chokes again on the big stage!

He is simply not good enough.
So youre just chosing to ignore the fact 80% of the game was played in Englands half and Widdop who was meant to be a top NRL half didnt shine either

but no pin it all on Gale
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

So youre just chosing to ignore the fact 80% of the game was played in Englands half and Widdop who was meant to be a top NRL half didnt shine either

Ignore him. This is totally to do with Williams not getting selected. If Williams played as Gale did he would have used your response to protect Williams. If Gale is not good enough Williams is not and was not for most of all last season.

Tbh Williams should not have been in the squad on last seasons showing.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

thegimble wrote:
Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:

Ignore him. This is totally to do with Williams not getting selected. If Williams played as Gale did he would have used your response to protect Williams. If Gale is not good enough Williams is not and was not for most of all last season.

Tbh Williams should not have been in the squad on last seasons showing.
correct. I agree should not even be in squad on last seasons form.
Wes

Post by Wes »

On last seasons form Snead should be in front of both of gale and Williams.

Gale does not shine in any big games, Widdop did more today than Gale.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t they score 2 tries by running through Gale?

He’s no good and the Aussies now know it.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I thought Gale did OK in the second half when England got a bit more field position. Widdop was as busy as he always is, but he made some costly errors too.
Wes

Post by Wes »

moto748 wrote:I thought Gale did OK in the second half when England got a bit more field position. Widdop was as busy as he always is, but he made some costly errors too.
What like miss 2 tackles that resulted in tries.

Roby was better than hodgson too today IMO.

old hooker

Post by old hooker »

No doubt Gale bottled it again, Widdop was very good imo, never stops trying and is not afraid to take risks, I wish he was 6 at Wigan.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Widdop does seem to attract stick but I rate the lad,Gale was ok nothing more certainly better in the second half as for Roby he is and always was proper class even with his advancing years.
Wes

Post by Wes »

Fawdoffshed wrote:
Wes wrote:On last seasons form Snead should be in front of both of gale and Williams.

Gale does not shine in any big games, Widdop did more today than Gale.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn’t they score 2 tries by running through Gale?

He’s no good and the Aussies now know it.
I would think most people who watched the game in the UK who aren't really involved in rugby league would just remember Gale as a stand-out player in SL, Grand Final excepted. So when he's compared to the superior Aussies he becomes just an ordinary player on their middin. We're miles behind and anyone who says differently is watching a different game to me. The Aussies didn't even get into top gear. Nowhere near. Just look at them when they got a try, or tackled well, they just seemed to wink at each other, if you know what I mean. :cool:
True, Gale has been overhyped by commentary and media too Snead moves Hull around as well as Gale does Cas Sneyds kicking game I think is better his goal kicking is brilliant and in big games he wants his hands on the ball and he makes things happen.

Gale is MoS who won the league with Cas and choked in every big game he’s played in.

Sneyd is Lance Todd winner who won CC with Hull (2 years running).

I know who I’d rather have in an England shirt for the big games.

It really isn’t rocket science.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

It's not rocket science. It's your opinion, which is fine. I don't share it myself, others may agree or not. I think Gale has more to his game than Sneyd, and if Gale's defence is sometimes rightly criticised, Sneyd's is worse!

And on this season's form, they are both way ahead of Williams! :)