Luke Gale?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: Luke Gale?

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:Perspective, here: that 'stinker' that Gale had in the GF, that's about how Tommy has been playing all season.
Please dont compare Tommy with Gale, Tommy is a world cup winner that has been a NZ regular for 10 years.He is also a GF winner and Challenge cup winner.He has also played successfully in the NRL.Gale has played most of his career in the Championship or with SL teams in the bottom half of SL.He has a LLS under his belt which lets face it means nothing.After his performances in the World cup proves he is second rate.Will he get as many England caps as Tommy has for NZ?I will let you answer that.
ian b

Post by ian b »

old hooker wrote:
moto748 wrote:Perspective, here: that 'stinker' that Gale had in the GF, that's about how Tommy has been playing all season.
Please dont compare Tommy with Gale, Tommy is a world cup winner that has been a NZ regular for 10 years.He is also a GF winner and Challenge cup winner.He has also played successfully in the NRL.Gale has played most of his career in the Championship or with SL teams in the bottom half of SL.He has a LLS under his belt which lets face it means nothing.After his performances in the World cup proves he is second rate.Will he get as many England caps as Tommy has for NZ?I will let you answer that.
well put
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

I won't take anything away from Tommy's past but lets be brutally honest his form last season simply didn't warrant his place in the side, the "dream" team of him and Williams came to nought I do wish just once, when it was as plain as the nose on everyones faces it wasn't working, Tommy couldn't have had a go a hooker,clearly his best position but not it hasn't worked last week but will this week theory was in full force for most of the season.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

old hooker wrote:
Well said!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Micky Mack looked a different player under the guidance of a new coach, far better than he has played at Wigan mmmmm
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

When George Williams came in he was uninhibited and took the line on when he saw an opening, over the last year he has been playing to a game plan, and slowly had the off the cuff game knocked out of him . Could it be the coaching plan, or lack of one. mmmmm
Wes

Post by Wes »

Have to agree with both posts ddtftf.

Any news on MM as assistant or which 2 players we are after?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

fozzieskem wrote:I won't take anything away from Tommy's past but lets be brutally honest his form last season simply didn't warrant his place in the side, the "dream" team of him and Williams came to nought I do wish just once, when it was as plain as the nose on everyones faces it wasn't working, Tommy couldn't have had a go a hooker,clearly his best position but not it hasn't worked last week but will this week theory was in full force for most of the season.
Exactly. TL has been a successful dummy-half, probably still is, but if you asked supporters of any other SL club apart from Wigan and Cas, given a choice, would you have Gale or Tommy, do you really think anyone would say Tommy?
markill

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
old hooker wrote:
Well said!
It's fair to say that to this point Tommy has had a better career than Gale - who played 2 years at Doncaster when he was 18/19, then much of his career at London/Bradford, before the last 3 really good years at Cas that he's had.

However, it's also fair to say that Man of Steel Gale had a much better 2017 than Tommy.

The two things don't prevent the other from being true, people should recognise that.

(Incidentally, Tommy is exactly 3 years older than Gale I've just seen, so hypothetically, what if in the next 3 years Gale wins a double next year, then goes and plays NRL as a regular start for a year or two. Who then has had the better career? Tommy or Gale?)

in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
old hooker wrote: Please dont compare Tommy with Gale, Tommy is a world cup winner that has been a NZ regular for 10 years.He is also a GF winner and Challenge cup winner.He has also played successfully in the NRL.Gale has played most of his career in the Championship or with SL teams in the bottom half of SL.He has a LLS under his belt which lets face it means nothing.After his performances in the World cup proves he is second rate.Will he get as many England caps as Tommy has for NZ?I will let you answer that.
Well said!
It's fair to say that to this point Tommy has had a better career than Gale - who played 2 years at Doncaster when he was 18/19, then much of his career at London/Bradford, before the last 3 really good years at Cas that he's had.

However, it's also fair to say that Man of Steel Gale had a much better 2017 than Tommy.

The two things don't prevent the other from being true, people should recognise that.

(Incidentally, Tommy is exactly 3 years older than Gale I've just seen, so hypothetically, what if in the next 3 years Gale wins a double next year, then goes and plays NRL as a regular start for a year or two. Who then has had the better career? Tommy or Gale?)
What if I do? I have just as much chance after his recent performances!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett