Luke Gale?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
markill

Re: Luke Gale?

Post by markill »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote: What if I do? I have just as much chance after his recent performances!
Ha ha. Unfortunately what you don't have under your belt already is the last 3 years at Cas Gale has had, so your hypothetical situation will need even more to go your way. I just can't see you having a better career than either of them at this stage. Sorry to let you down. If it helps, I don't think it'll happen for me now either.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

markill wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
old hooker wrote: Please dont compare Tommy with Gale, Tommy is a world cup winner that has been a NZ regular for 10 years.He is also a GF winner and Challenge cup winner.He has also played successfully in the NRL.Gale has played most of his career in the Championship or with SL teams in the bottom half of SL.He has a LLS under his belt which lets face it means nothing.After his performances in the World cup proves he is second rate.Will he get as many England caps as Tommy has for NZ?I will let you answer that.
Well said!
It's fair to say that to this point Tommy has had a better career than Gale - who played 2 years at Doncaster when he was 18/19, then much of his career at London/Bradford, before the last 3 really good years at Cas that he's had.

However, it's also fair to say that Man of Steel Gale had a much better 2017 than Tommy.

The two things don't prevent the other from being true, people should recognise that.

(Incidentally, Tommy is exactly 3 years older than Gale I've just seen, so hypothetically, what if in the next 3 years Gale wins a double next year, then goes and plays NRL as a regular start for a year or two. Who then has had the better career? Tommy or Gale?)
If you believe the NRL would want Gale and that Cas could win the double then i question your judgement.There is no way either will happen.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

I think Gale is a better player than many here allow, but I agree with that. He is a good player by Superleague standards.

I do think Cas will be there or thereabouts next season, though.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

And also, in a way, I think you can compare him to Hodgson; he shines in his club side, playing his own brand of footy.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: What if I do? I have just as much chance after his recent performances!
Ha ha. Unfortunately what you don't have under your belt already is the last 3 years at Cas Gale has had, so your hypothetical situation will need even more to go your way. I just can't see you having a better career than either of them at this stage. Sorry to let you down. If it helps, I don't think it'll happen for me now either.
Just chucked my boots in the bin!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett