Luke Gale?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Mace

Luke Gale?

Post by Mace »

Anyone else heard this rumour? I’d take Gale but would hate to lose either Tomkins or Escare

https://www.facebook.com/seriousaboutrl ... 7922100585

“...One rumour which does keep turning up is that Wigan could be ready to make an offer for newly crowned Steve Prescott Man of Steel Luke Gale, with their need for a recognised goal-kicker, and needing an able half-back to supplement his England teammate George Williams.

This could have some legs to it, but would Castleford possibly consider a swap deal, for Morgan Escare, or even Sam Tomkins? I don’t see Tomkins being allowed to leave the DW Stadium again, especially not to play for a Super League rival club, but Escare could quite easily be tempted, particularly if Tomkins is blocking his path to first team action.

It would all depend on how desperate the Warriors would be to get their hands on Gale, and whether Castleford would allow him to leave, although if you look at Daryl Powell’s record of replacing star players, there would be little doubt he could do it again if Gale were to leave, and Castleford would not exactly be short of players who would be willing to fill Gale’s boots for them.”
Wiganer Ted

Re: Luke Gale?

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Not seen that before but would doubt it.
Cas have just lost Hardaker which is a massive loss. I can't see them parting with Gale who I think signed a long term deal recently.
Also there was a comment from Cas that they had now gone three years without any financial help from benefactors.

Can't see it happening.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

We should off them Joel and Mickey Mac, i'd be happy with that
Wes

Post by Wes »

Oh god no! I dont rate Gale one bit, chokes in big games.

Sneyd on the other hand .....
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

Oh I'd have Gale in a heartbeat, never happen though
moto748

Post by moto748 »

He's the best English half by a distance, and to damn him for not shining in one game (where his half-back partner was particularly poor) is ridiculous in my book. I can't see him coming here at all, though.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Id swap Tomkins for Gale

Reason being Sam will have to reinvent himself to be a halfback again and he isnt at dangerous as Escare at FB. Ive no doubts Sam could probably do this but i have a feeling he will want to stay at FB

Sam at FB worked when Madge was here because our play allowed him to chime in, now he doesn't have that luxury and our play would be more suited to having a dangerous first receiver.

Plus he is a goal kicker, to say he chokes in big games is harsh, the Grand Final for example there isnt much a 7 can do if your props drop the ball every carry, and he was still trying to make things happen
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Wes wrote:Oh god no! I dont rate Gale one bit, chokes in big games.

Sneyd on the other hand .....
So do many of the Cas players!

Gale was dreadful in the GF!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Fawdoffshed wrote:Gale played fantastically well all season.

Then bricked it in the Grand Final.
As did all the team but yes Gale was awful!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Fawdoffshed wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:Gale played fantastically well all season.

Then bricked it in the Grand Final.
As did all the team but yes Gale was awful!
Indeed. It's as though someone said: "Oi. Lads. Does anyone fancy a game of rugby league later?"

One of the worst games of rugby league I've seen and not a great advert for attracting neutrals and the like.
The fact Danny Maguire looked like Andrew Johns says it all!