Club want to make two signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Fan4Fifty

Re: Club want to make two signings

Post by Fan4Fifty »

When the season ticket renewal 'invitations' came out I emailed the club and said that unless I could see any evidence that there were changes happening I wouldn't be renewing. There aren't and I didn't. Looking a better decision every day. Don't like doing it but how else to protest? There just isn't anything to get interested in, and even less if that's possible to be excited about.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Fan4Fifty wrote:When the season ticket renewal 'invitations' came out I emailed the club and said that unless I could see any evidence that there were changes happening I wouldn't be renewing. There aren't and I didn't. Looking a better decision every day. Don't like doing it but how else to protest? There just isn't anything to get interested in, and even less if that's possible to be excited about.
There will be many changes in 2019.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

There may well be many changes in 2019 but that is not what fans are looking for. After a very lackluster season in 2017 an exciting signing would have given us something to look forward to. At this stage it doesn't look like that will be happening.

As for plenty changes in 2019 then fine. Trouble is too many and we end up with a squad that takes half a season to get used to each other. Add to that in 2019 there won't be any Lockers who's been the glue holding this squad together for some seasons.

We have a good squad that given a better season injury wise and a far better way of playing the game could do well and win a trophy.
Let's hope so!

No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Fan4Fifty wrote:When the season ticket renewal 'invitations' came out I emailed the club and said that unless I could see any evidence that there were changes happening I wouldn't be renewing. There aren't and I didn't. Looking a better decision every day. Don't like doing it but how else to protest? There just isn't anything to get interested in, and even less if that's possible to be excited about.
Someone else who was there yesterday? :D
Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

No straw damn us wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Someone else who was there yesterday? :D
Me too. Interesting few days ahead :wink:
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

What am I missing? Suddenly several people seem to think there will be big changes for 2019. Are you just assuming it'll all go wrong this season and Waney will be on his way or has someone from the club actually said something? Please tell. I feel we've not made the changes necessary to make a big improvement next year but that would be more bearable if I actually thought there was a real plan in place. So far we've analysed last season, decided what went wrong and then not explained what we've done (other than a kicking coach)to improve things. Give me some (real) hope please.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: There will be many changes in 2019.
Why 2019? I can only assume you mean a number of payers are off contract. Given the age of some of them change in 2019 is inevitable so really nothing to get excited about as in the club having some master plan.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Shaun1967 wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
Someone else who was there yesterday? :D [/qu

Me too. Interesting few days ahead :wink:
Yep. :exc:
Wes

Post by Wes »

Where were you guys yesterday? I want to be there too haha
shaunedwardsfanclub

DaveO wrote:
Why 2019? I can only assume you mean a number of payers are off contract. Given the age of some of them change in 2019 is inevitable so really nothing to get excited about as in the club having some master plan.
Yes, there are plenty out of contract and some will retire.