Club want to make two signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Club want to make two signings

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mmmmmm
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wes

Re: Club want to make two signings

Post by Wes »

Suppose the important bit is who?
Or as a teaser what positions?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Is this a fact? If so its about time thry pulled there finger out
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

That means 2 more projects that cost next to nothing, so many clubs are attempting to improve their squads yet we lack the ambition to do so.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Doesn't surprise me.
I wonder if this includes an assistant coach or two players.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Like i was saying, we're a laughing stock
markill

Post by markill »

We have two marquee players. Many clubs don't have one, and I don't believe any have two. Just a bit of devil's advocate to the idea that we have no investment or ambition.

At the start of last season we thought our squad was good enough to win everything. The squad has hardly changed so how come they've all of a sudden become relegation candidates? I think there's some who need to bring themselves off the edge. Although, it isn't all rosy. It would be good to sign someone that will make a big difference if we can, it would be great if we got an improvement in our style of play and it would be marvellous if we could more consistently select from our best 17-20 players each week. We aren't relegation fodder laughing stocks, nor are we treble favourites - the truth lies somewhere between, and I'd suggest closer to the latter given we're joint second favourites with the bookies for both SL & CC.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

markill wrote:We have two marquee players. Many clubs don't have one, and I don't believe any have two. Just a bit of devil's advocate to the idea that we have no investment or ambition.

At the start of last season we thought our squad was good enough to win everything. The squad has hardly changed so how come they've all of a sudden become relegation candidates? I think there's some who need to bring themselves off the edge. Although, it isn't all rosy. It would be good to sign someone that will make a big difference if we can, it would be great if we got an improvement in our style of play and it would be marvellous if we could more consistently select from our best 17-20 players each week. We aren't relegation fodder laughing stocks, nor are we treble favourites - the truth lies somewhere between, and I'd suggest closer to the latter given we're joint second favourites with the bookies for both SL & CC.
Well said markill!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Heard the club are getting Adam Tangata, Ben Heaton & Chris Cullimore from Halifax, Mr Leneghans said to be very happy as he's getting them on buy 3 get the cheapest free :lol:
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

medlocke wrote:Heard the club are getting Adam Tangata, Ben Heaton & Chris Cullimore from Halifax, Mr Leneghans said to be very happy as he's getting them on buy 3 get the cheapest free :lol:
Has there been a radiation leak from SL that's caused a disfunction in your thoughts?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield