Club want to make two signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Re: Club want to make two signings

Post by Wes »

Hock will end up at Widnes is what I’m hearing.

He’s had plenty offers from the league below but wants 1 more season in SL seems to be the theme.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I’m amazed at how quiet the transfer front is across the super league never mind at Wigan!
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Don't be amazed at what's happening at Wigan. There'll be no more action coming in, that's pretty obvious at this point in time.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Wes

Post by Wes »

cherry.pie wrote:League Express are reporting that Wigan are trying to sign Dan Sarginson for next year.

While that can come as absolutely no surprise to anyone at all, it's more than a little underwhelming isn't it?

I quite like Sarge in some ways. He's got lots of flaws but is a very, very hard worker, an excellent athlete and we wouldn't have won the Grand Final without him last year. I also think he would have added quite a lot to us this year.

However, he's missed the majority of the year through injury. It's not like we have a good recent record with brining players back to the club, especially those who have been injured when we re-signed them. There's a pattern emerging with each player we bring back and it just seems like the club remain intent on going down this route.
If this is the case then that confirms Gelling will be gone. I didn’t really rate Sarge as a centre but thought he made a great fullback, that’s not something we need now though is it.

Didn’t Sarge have a pending court case? If he’s coming back could that be because his visa has been removed?
Barney841

Post by Barney841 »

I’m sorry but if we resign sarginson we are gonna look an absolute joke.
No ambition at all if we do. Sarginson might seem a work horse but that is how Wane sets his tactics, getting the backs to constantly take hit ups
Wes

Post by Wes »

cherry.pie wrote:
Wes wrote:If this is the case then that confirms Gelling will be gone. I didn’t really rate Sarge as a centre but thought he made a great fullback, that’s not something we need now though is it.

Didn’t Sarge have a pending court case? If he’s coming back could that be because his visa has been removed?
I think he's had it and was found not guilty. I'd say it's more likely that the Titans want to offload him and we'll re-sign absolutely anyone.
Thanks, yes probably right. It is an underwhelming signing of it happens, can we do better? I’d hope so!!!
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

apparently Hull KR are after him as well

http://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/ru ... ers-906646
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I’ve heard we have two Tongans!! Don’t know how true tho! Quota?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

josie andrews wrote:I’ve heard we have two Tongans!! Don’t know how true tho! Quota?
Any idea which 2 Josie?
si_bax

Post by si_bax »

Wes wrote:
josie andrews wrote:I’ve heard we have two Tongans!! Don’t know how true tho! Quota?
Any idea which 2 Josie?
I would be happy with Solomone Kata, ideally it would be Michael Jennings but i cant see that happening!