Club want to make two signings

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
sheepsteeth

Re: Club want to make two signings

Post by sheepsteeth »

Wes wrote:
cherry.pie wrote:League Express are reporting that Wigan are trying to sign Dan Sarginson for next year.

While that can come as absolutely no surprise to anyone at all, it's more than a little underwhelming isn't it?

I quite like Sarge in some ways. He's got lots of flaws but is a very, very hard worker, an excellent athlete and we wouldn't have won the Grand Final without him last year. I also think he would have added quite a lot to us this year.

However, he's missed the majority of the year through injury. It's not like we have a good recent record with brining players back to the club, especially those who have been injured when we re-signed them. There's a pattern emerging with each player we bring back and it just seems like the club remain intent on going down this route.
If this is the case then that confirms Gelling will be gone. I didn’t really rate Sarge as a centre but thought he made a great fullback, that’s not something we need now though is it.

Didn’t Sarge have a pending court case? If he’s coming back could that be because his visa has been removed?
What Visa? wasn't he born is Australia? Therefore won't have needed a visa in the first place.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

cherry.pie wrote:League Express are reporting that Wigan are trying to sign Dan Sarginson for next year.

While that can come as absolutely no surprise to anyone at all, it's more than a little underwhelming isn't it?

I quite like Sarge in some ways. He's got lots of flaws but is a very, very hard worker, an excellent athlete and we wouldn't have won the Grand Final without him last year. I also think he would have added quite a lot to us this year.

However, he's missed the majority of the year through injury. It's not like we have a good recent record with brining players back to the club, especially those who have been injured when we re-signed them. There's a pattern emerging with each player we bring back and it just seems like the club remain intent on going down this route.

Good grief. Sarge is absolute garbage. He's living proof that being super-fit doesn't make you a RL player. It's bad enough when we re-sign players who were once good who come back and look worse but he was rubbish to start out with. Was very happy to see him leave and won't be happy if he comes back.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

DaveO wrote:

Good grief. Sarge is absolute garbage. He's living proof that being super-fit doesn't make you a RL player. It's bad enough when we re-sign players who were once good who come back and look worse but he was rubbish to start out with. Was very happy to see him leave and won't be happy if he comes back.
But ironically he was great as a full back.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

thegimble wrote:
DaveO wrote:

But ironically he was great as a full back.
He's never been great anywhere. How many games did he play at FB? Half a dozen?

He has nothing between the ears as to how RL should be played. Totally unaware of what is going on around him on the pitch. Him and Gelling are two of the most totally overrated (by our own fans) players we have ever had on the books.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

As far as rumours go I'm rather going to go with Josie's 2 Tongans than the League Express with Sarge.
If there are 2 Tongans perhaps there'd be 1 forward and 1 back.
Should Sarge be incoming then where? Gelling's 3 shirt or somewhere else?
w.thomas

Post by w.thomas »

josie andrews wrote:I’ve heard we have two Tongans!! Don’t know how true tho! Quota?
Bet they have some half decent 16yr old project players do the tongans Ha :roll: hope it's true though! Every fan I've spoke to is getting fed up with the clubs underwhelming signings
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

it's not.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Wiganer Ted wrote:As far as rumours go I'm rather going to go with Josie's 2 Tongans than the League Express with Sarge.
If there are 2 Tongans perhaps there'd be 1 forward and 1 back.
Should Sarge be incoming then where? Gelling's 3 shirt or somewhere else?
You would be wrong.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Hope its not Sargenson he has been out for a year injured
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

ddtftf wrote:Hope its not Sargenson he has been out for a year injured
Now that is a Wigan signing in the making then. We love injured players. :roll: