FPN staying ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
old hooker

Re: FPN staying ?

Post by old hooker »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:He should be performing well given that he is on top dollar.
Given that why has George Williams got away with a poor season. Sam T gets buried at times on here. Money is nothing to do with it. That should go out of the window any player in a Wigan shirt should be performing well.

I agree entirely, the size of their contract shoulď make no difference
Wes

Post by Wes »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
thegimble wrote: Given that why has George Williams got away with a poor season. Sam T gets buried at times on here. Money is nothing to do with it. That should go out of the window any player in a Wigan shirt should be performing well.
I don't think George has had a poor season but he has not played as well as any of us would have liked, that may be down to a pack of forwards that are dominated most weeks and make very little yardage. With regard to Frank, he is definitely not playing to the standard that he displayed in the NRL, he should be killing it over here. Having said that, it is clear to me that he is being prevented from playing his natural game, as are the rest of our front row forwards.
Nail on head!

It’s really dumb when you break it down, backs run the ball out and act as forwards then on the 4th when we need our backs they are all goosed so Williams gives Farrell the short ball or a grubber through. Forwards then defend with vigour opposition kick on the last then repeat!

FPN could be awesome with the reigns off and playing as a prop should.

I said at the end of the season to the lads I’d be happy to keep FPN if we get a change of coach if Wane stays get rid and sign someone more suited to Wanes game plan (whatever that is).

Our forwards tend to dominate defensively not many get over us but our yardage from the props is shocking. Our wingers do more carries than our props. 13-14 stone winger hitting a 17-19 stone prop is no contest. How effective would Andrew Fafita be on the wing.

Our weakness is style. Williams after quarter of the season for me played average at best and problem is as you say the space we play in. I bet you can read our attack. Imagine how many points we would score if we dominated other sides pack.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
thegimble wrote: Given that why has George Williams got away with a poor season. Sam T gets buried at times on here. Money is nothing to do with it. That should go out of the window any player in a Wigan shirt should be performing well.
I don't think George has had a poor season but he has not played as well as any of us would have liked, that may be down to a pack of forwards that are dominated most weeks and make very little yardage. With regard to Frank, he is definitely not playing to the standard that he displayed in the NRL, he should be killing it over here. Having said that, it is clear to me that he is being prevented from playing his natural game, as are the rest of our front row forwards.
Perhaps I should explain myself. I agree that anyone who pulls on the jersey should give nothing less than 100%. However, the higher the salary the more quality a player you should get. FPN has simply not justified the price tag that is attached to him, on the other hand somebody like Willie Isa has.

Our forwards tend to dominate defensively not many get over us but our yardage from the props is shocking. Our wingers do more carries than our props. 13-14 stone winger hitting a 17-19 stone prop is no contest. How effective would Andrew Fafita be on the wing.

Our weakness is style. Williams after quarter of the season for me played average at best and problem is as you say the space we play in. I bet you can read our attack. Imagine how many points we would score if we dominated other sides pack.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Is it not a coincidence that FPN plays like Wane used to? Get the ball and go to ground. The mole 2.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: I don't think George has had a poor season but he has not played as well as any of us would have liked, that may be down to a pack of forwards that are dominated most weeks and make very little yardage. With regard to Frank, he is definitely not playing to the standard that he displayed in the NRL, he should be killing it over here. Having said that, it is clear to me that he is being prevented from playing his natural game, as are the rest of our front row forwards.
Perhaps I should explain myself. I agree that anyone who pulls on the jersey should give nothing less than 100%. However, the higher the salary the more quality a player you should get. FPN has simply not justified the price tag that is attached to him, on the other hand somebody like Willie Isa has.

I like ISA he is what he is a valuable asset in a salary cap game. I will put it this way if I was giving out new contracts to all the players today FPN would be having a wage cut. ISA would be on the same as he is now.

I agree FPN has been a bit of a flop but is that him or the coach. Hardly anyone shines in the Wigan side today.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
I like ISA he is what he is a valuable asset in a salary cap game. I will put it this way if I was giving out new contracts to all the players today FPN would be having a wage cut. ISA would be on the same as he is now.

I agree FPN has been a bit of a flop but is that him or the coach. Hardly anyone shines in the Wigan side today.
I totally agree. I am told that Willie is the lowest paid senior player at the club.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards