FPN staying ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Re: FPN staying ?

Post by Wes »

medlocke wrote:Great player stifled by Wanes lack of RL knowledge
I wouldn’t say Wane has no knowledge he’s been in the game so long he has to have knowledge but the methods/gameplans he chooses to use are sub par.

I think Wanes biggest coaching weakness is his stubbornness.

I agree FPN is a good player playing poor due to coach instructions.

On the one hand I was happy with FPN last season based on he played EVERY game on the other hand I was disappointed with him and wanted more because we know he’s got it!

On reflection he had a decent season and this is only a guess but I’d say his stats would have been equal to the plodding type props.
jobo

Post by jobo »

medlocke wrote:Great player stifled by Wanes lack of RL knowledge
How do you work that one out?
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wane was a damn sight better prop than FPN has ever shown at Wigan.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Although Frank Paul has not shown the form he displayed in the NRL especially with the Roosters he has been no worse than the rest of the front rowers.Flower and Clubb have missed a large chunk of the season, Sutton has been ok but has not improved on the 2016 season, Bretherton imo offers nothing and the only one that shows a degree of impact when he comes on is Tautai.
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

old hooker wrote:Although Frank Paul has not shown the form he displayed in the NRL especially with the Roosters he has been no worse than the rest of the front rowers.Flower and Clubb have missed a large chunk of the season, Sutton has been ok but has not improved on the 2016 season, Bretherton imo offers nothing and the only one that shows a degree of impact when he comes on is Tautai.
I agree with youBretherton isn’t a prop for my money and I’d be surprised if he’s still here next season as for Sutton well who knows is he going to reach his potential I’m no so sure,Clubby and Flower can they regain their form,Flower in particular needs to get himself back to his form of old.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

"no worse than the rest of the front rowers", as old hooker says, is hardly a ringing endorsement, though, is it? We were surely hoping for something considerably better, more in line with the impact players like Minichiello and BMM have made with our competitors.
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

moto748 wrote:"no worse than the rest of the front rowers", as old hooker says, is hardly a ringing endorsement, though, is it? We were surely hoping for something considerably better, more in line with the impact players like Minichiello and BMM have made with our competitors.

You are spot on it is not a ringing endorsement, I just think he is getting a bit more stick than he deserves.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

Fawdoffshed wrote:Didn't Frank-Paul Nu'uausala play EVERY game for Wigan last season? Reading some of the comments, he may not be the best player in the world, but at least he seems to keep fit! :cool:
. If I not mistaken he played every game since he arrived.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

A fit and consistent :-

Flower
Clubb
FPN
Tautai
Sutton

is a formidable 5 but it's if they can stay fit and consistent!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:A fit and consistent :-

Flower
Clubb
FPN
Tautai
Sutton

is a formidable 5 but it's if they can stay fit and consistent!
early season they all did really good..... the 2 off 2 on rotation was working wonders...... its only after our injuries that the wheels came off...... some people forget this and make out that they havent performed all season
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE