FPN staying ?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ddtftf

Re: FPN staying ?

Post by ddtftf »

FPN has not performed anything like i saw him in the NRL all year sorry, whether its the coaching i don`t know but he never runs onto a ball from deep, maybe he should be 2nd receiver mmm
markill

Post by markill »

jao711 wrote:
Fawdoffshed wrote:Didn't Frank-Paul Nu'uausala play EVERY game for Wigan last season? Reading some of the comments, he may not be the best player in the world, but at least he seems to keep fit! :cool:
. If I not mistaken he played every game since he arrived.
I think he's only missed the Cup semi last year, after his scuffle with LMS.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

ddtftf wrote:FPN has not performed anything like i saw him in the NRL all year sorry, whether its the coaching i don`t know but he never runs onto a ball from deep, maybe he should be 2nd receiver mmm
ide say hes done ok but he certainly hasnt played anything like he did in aus
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Firestarter wrote:
ddtftf wrote:FPN has not performed anything like i saw him in the NRL all year sorry, whether its the coaching i don`t know but he never runs onto a ball from deep, maybe he should be 2nd receiver mmm
ide say hes done ok but he certainly hasnt played anything like he did in aus
I wonder why. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Coaching maybe.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

He should be performing well given that he is on top dollar.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:He should be performing well given that he is on top dollar.
Given that why has George Williams got away with a poor season. Sam T gets buried at times on here. Money is nothing to do with it. That should go out of the window any player in a Wigan shirt should be performing well.
markill

Post by markill »

thegimble wrote:
shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:He should be performing well given that he is on top dollar.
Given that why has George Williams got away with a poor season. Sam T gets buried at times on here. Money is nothing to do with it. That should go out of the window any player in a Wigan shirt should be performing well.
Has he had a poor season, and has he 'got away with it' either way? He was top assists maker in Super League. He was exceptional for almost the entire regular season, but he was not very good in the Super 8s, and I've seen absolutely plenty of criticism aimed his way about this, on here and elsewhere. No player is immune to criticism and FPN isn't subject to some sort of witch hunt here.

He made a huge number of mistakes in the first half of the season, and then didn't really have any 'big' games in the season half of the season, although his mistakes did reduce somewhat - so we probably got less of any positives and less of any obvious negatives from him in the more recent past. And, to be fair to him, he was just part of a largely ineffective group of prop forwards for Wigan last year - that has to have something to do with the individuals themselves as well as the game plan/coaching they were subjected to. It can't be all of one of these things and none of the other.

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

thegimble wrote:
I don't think George has had a poor season but he has not played as well as any of us would have liked, that may be down to a pack of forwards that are dominated most weeks and make very little yardage. With regard to Frank, he is definitely not playing to the standard that he displayed in the NRL, he should be killing it over here. Having said that, it is clear to me that he is being prevented from playing his natural game, as are the rest of our front row forwards.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
markill

Post by markill »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote: With regard to Frank, he is definitely not playing to the standard that he displayed in the NRL, he should be killing it over here. Having said that, it is clear to me that he is being prevented from playing his natural game, as are the rest of our front row forwards.
How high a standard was he actually at in the NRL in the last few years before he came? Just looking at his stats, he had no 100m games in his last year at the Roosters (2014). I cant think of too many times seeing him in recent years and being hugely impressed.
I actually think he's played similarly to what he did in his later days in the NRL.

http://www.nrl.com/telstrapremiership/p ... fault.aspx

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
thegimble wrote:
I don't think George has had a poor season but he has not played as well as any of us would have liked, that may be down to a pack of forwards that are dominated most weeks and make very little yardage. With regard to Frank, he is definitely not playing to the standard that he displayed in the NRL, he should be killing it over here. Having said that, it is clear to me that he is being prevented from playing his natural game, as are the rest of our front row forwards.
Our forwards tend to dominate defensively not many get over us but our yardage from the props is shocking. Our wingers do more carries than our props. 13-14 stone winger hitting a 17-19 stone prop is no contest. How effective would Andrew Fafita be on the wing.

Our weakness is style. Williams after quarter of the season for me played average at best and problem is as you say the space we play in. I bet you can read our attack. Imagine how many points we would score if we dominated other sides pack.