McIllorum

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
bertina

Re: McIllorum

Post by bertina »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
bertina wrote:
Simply not true. If mac wants to stay he can. FPN saga has no Barings on this deal whatsoever. It is only obstructing another deal for a player they are interested bringing in.
Mickey DID NOT want to go. It was made almost impossible for him to stay if he wanted to play.
As I've already said, not Wanes choice.
The club saw money on the table for Mickey and that was it.
Wether it is good or bad business is open to argument, but the truth of the matter is Mickey was pushed.

WHAT MONEY?
And he was not pushed. He asked to speak to catalan FACT
Short and sweet then discussion over.
Catalan enquired about Mickey.
Wigan saw the opportunity to unload one of their big earners in a position they feel they have sufficient cover.
Mickey was as good as gone, like it or not.
FACT.
jao711

Post by jao711 »

bertina wrote:
bertina wrote: Mickey DID NOT want to go. It was made almost impossible for him to stay if he wanted to play.
As I've already said, not Wanes choice.
The club saw money on the table for Mickey and that was it.
Wether it is good or bad business is open to argument, but the truth of the matter is Mickey was pushed.

WHAT MONEY?
And he was not pushed. He asked to speak to catalan FACT
Short and sweet then discussion over.
Catalan enquired about Mickey.
Wigan saw the opportunity to unload one of their big earners in a position they feel they have sufficient cover.
Mickey was as good as gone, like it or not.
FACT.
. In your opinion. FACT.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Mickey had two choices: stay and fight for his place, play out his contract in the knowledge that he wasn't first choice hooker; or sign a better deal with Catalan. In my view, he made the best choice.

If anything, I hope this is the start of Wigan being ruthless when it comes to retention and selection.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:Mickey had two choices: stay and fight for his place, play out his contract in the knowledge that he wasn't first choice hooker; or sign a better deal with Catalan. In my view, he made the best choice.

If anything, I hope this is the start of Wigan being ruthless when it comes to retention and selection.
Just hope we stop brining players back just because they once played for us and were good players. Still think he is a better 9 than the other two.
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

From McIlorum's leaving statement it appears that he could have stayed to see his contract out but knew he wouldn't get another deal at Wigan. Maybe the Catalan offer is for 2 or 3 years.

That does send a message to others with one or two years on their contract, either shape up or ship out.

If our more experienced players are now being faded out then that puts real emphasis on quality recruitment together with developing
our youth players both within the club together with dual and loan deals.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wiganer Ted wrote:From McIlorum's leaving statement it appears that he could have stayed to see his contract out but knew he wouldn't get another deal at Wigan. Maybe the Catalan offer is for 2 or 3 years.

That does send a message to others with one or two years on their contract, either shape up or ship out.

If our more experienced players are now being faded out then that puts real emphasis on quality recruitment together with developing
our youth players both within the club together with dual and loan deals.
Micky signed a two year contract
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Joe Greenwood to sign for Wigan
Gelling to sign for NZ Warriors
Sam Powel was offered a bigger contract to go to Widnes and the club blocked it

FPN cannot be sold as his contract is to high and other clubs cannot afford him so only option is for wigan to pay some of his wages as the deal wigan did when we signed Hoffman :blush: :blush: :blush:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

ddtftf wrote:Joe Greenwood to sign for Wigan
Gelling to sign for NZ Warriors
Sam Powel was offered a bigger contract to go to Widnes and the club blocked it

FPN cannot be sold as his contract is to high and other clubs cannot afford him so only option is for wigan to pay some of his wages as the deal wigan did when we signed Hoffman :blush: :blush: :blush:
This must some contract FPN is on given that, is the case then we are stuck with him till it terminates?

If correct Powell will be first choice hooker sooner rather than later why block him moving to Widnes otherwise?

As for Gelling no surprise he would end of at NZ warriors.

Joe Greenwood arrival may lift the gloom,maybe,maybe not, but for me he's a fine player, the right age more experienced then when he left Saints,if it comes off a good solid signing.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

I would imagine Greenwood would be the replacement for Bateman when he leaves at the end of this season.
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

Really enjoyed watching Greenwood when at Stains, would be very happy to see such a tall mobile second row like him sign for Wigan!!!

Matt